That's very nice of you. I will research a bit more and then go to sleep hopefully soon (if I can!?).mfjp wrote:about 7:00 pm... well... you certainly made my day!....is it late there as well?
will check the Castle Gardens manifest later... when all is really quiet...
mfjp
Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfather.
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
I found an interesting record:
M006775 Film
There is Luigi Radaelli whose father is Giovanni Radaelli and mother is Rosa Riva. (Luigi married Assunta Fontanini 22 APR 1889 Manhattan, New York, New York)
This could be Mary Radaelli (Toia)'s brother?
Rosa Riva and Rosa Resa are just varied ways of writing the surname?
Record Link: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... rompage=99
M006775 Film
There is Luigi Radaelli whose father is Giovanni Radaelli and mother is Rosa Riva. (Luigi married Assunta Fontanini 22 APR 1889 Manhattan, New York, New York)
This could be Mary Radaelli (Toia)'s brother?
Rosa Riva and Rosa Resa are just varied ways of writing the surname?
Record Link: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... rompage=99
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
As I said before, IGI records are a usefuly guide, or map. Use them to look for original documents as indicated by the IGI record. All IGI records need to be verified by obtaining an original document. At the very least there can be transcription errors.
Debbie
Debbie
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
Naturalization info for TOIA:
TOIA, ATTILIO, Petition, A-0082 (6)S (C4)
Marriage info for TOIA:
Toia, Celestine, County Clerk No. 9840, issued in 1929
Toia, May, County Clerk No. 11076, issued in 1910
Marriage info for LISE:
Lise, Arthur, County Clerk No. 11076, issued in 1910
You can request copies of the above records at this site:
http://www.co.westchester.ny.us/wcarchi ... search.htm
Hope this helps........
wldspirit
TOIA, ATTILIO, Petition, A-0082 (6)S (C4)
Marriage info for TOIA:
Toia, Celestine, County Clerk No. 9840, issued in 1929
Toia, May, County Clerk No. 11076, issued in 1910
Marriage info for LISE:
Lise, Arthur, County Clerk No. 11076, issued in 1910
You can request copies of the above records at this site:
http://www.co.westchester.ny.us/wcarchi ... search.htm
Hope this helps........
wldspirit
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
Thank you Wldspirit !!!!
I will request those records (definitely the naturalization records of Attilio and the marriage certificates).
I'm not sure who this May Toia is though < or is this Mary Radaelli that married to Attilio Toia?
Also who is this Arthur Lise, is it William Lise I 's father?
It would be also great to know where these info came from in case somebody asks me...
I'm sorry for peppering with questions.
Marcia
I will request those records (definitely the naturalization records of Attilio and the marriage certificates).
I'm not sure who this May Toia is though < or is this Mary Radaelli that married to Attilio Toia?
Also who is this Arthur Lise, is it William Lise I 's father?
It would be also great to know where these info came from in case somebody asks me...
I'm sorry for peppering with questions.
Marcia
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
Westchester maintains their own archives.....I did a search on last names only and the info above was all that was available. Don't know if the May and Arthur are any relation, but they are living in Westchester.
wldspirit
wldspirit
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
Aah, right. Okay, I might wait for the records of May and Arthur then for the time being. Attilio Toia, must be the guy I'm looking for. It's not such a common name. Too bad if it's not him...wldspirit wrote:Westchester maintains their own archives.....I did a search on last names only and the info above was all that was available. Don't know if the May and Arthur are any relation, but they are living in Westchester.
wldspirit
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
I did some researches and have gathered some bits and peices here and there. Updated map looks like this: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gmaruejoul ... oject1.pdf
I have traced back to gr gr gr grandparents of my paternal grandma's side.
As mentioned, cannot get anything on William Lise I... maybe I should just be patient and wait for the marriage certificate to arrive...
It's great knowing your ancestors!!!!
I have traced back to gr gr gr grandparents of my paternal grandma's side.
As mentioned, cannot get anything on William Lise I... maybe I should just be patient and wait for the marriage certificate to arrive...
It's great knowing your ancestors!!!!
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
Marcialise:
Reviewed the tree you posted. Glad you are making progress and sorting it all out. Just a word of caution. Be careful about posting names, addresses and dates of living individuals. Privacy concerns and identity theft.
Debbie
Reviewed the tree you posted. Glad you are making progress and sorting it all out. Just a word of caution. Be careful about posting names, addresses and dates of living individuals. Privacy concerns and identity theft.
Debbie
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
You're right. I took it all off.VaDeb wrote:Marcialise:
Reviewed the tree you posted. Glad you are making progress and sorting it all out. Just a word of caution. Be careful about posting names, addresses and dates of living individuals. Privacy concerns and identity theft.
Debbie
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
Record on Ellis Island shows a seemingly related person to Giovanni Redaelli?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2488010089
First Name: Teresa
Last Name: Redaelli
Ethnicity: Italian-American
Last Place of Residence: Colica
Date of Arrival: September 18, 1897
Age at Arrival: 42y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: La Gascogne
Port of Departure: Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0020
Teresa Redaelli travelled (it appears..) with Enrichetta (16y), Giuseppina (2y).
I remember that Mary Redaelli (the one that married Attilio Toia) had kids with her: Enrico (4y), Giuseppina (2y), Celestina (10m)on the ship to America (same year).
Also maybe totally unrelated but found Teresa Marianna Radaelli on Family Search:
Teresa Marianna REDAELLI (AFN: BHMQ-Q5)
Sex: F, Birth: Abt. 1800, Place: Germanedo/lecco, Como, Italia
Also found 3 Redaelli's living in Colico (LC) now.
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2488010089
First Name: Teresa
Last Name: Redaelli
Ethnicity: Italian-American
Last Place of Residence: Colica
Date of Arrival: September 18, 1897
Age at Arrival: 42y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: La Gascogne
Port of Departure: Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0020
Teresa Redaelli travelled (it appears..) with Enrichetta (16y), Giuseppina (2y).
I remember that Mary Redaelli (the one that married Attilio Toia) had kids with her: Enrico (4y), Giuseppina (2y), Celestina (10m)on the ship to America (same year).
Also maybe totally unrelated but found Teresa Marianna Radaelli on Family Search:
Teresa Marianna REDAELLI (AFN: BHMQ-Q5)
Sex: F, Birth: Abt. 1800, Place: Germanedo/lecco, Como, Italia
Also found 3 Redaelli's living in Colico (LC) now.
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
There has to be another manifest for Teresa as it says on this manifest that she was in the USA from 1884-1892... she would have been about 29 years old...
A subscription to Ancestry.com is required to view a Castle Garden manfests. I can look into it...
mfjp
note... just thought of this now.... Teresa is now an American citizen on this manifest and the Redaella surname may not be her maiden name... 8O ...
A subscription to Ancestry.com is required to view a Castle Garden manfests. I can look into it...
mfjp
note... just thought of this now.... Teresa is now an American citizen on this manifest and the Redaella surname may not be her maiden name... 8O ...
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
Oh yeaaah.... I'm dumb... What about finding Teresa's husband then?mfjp wrote:thought of this now.... Teresa is now an American citizen on this manifest and the Redaella surname may not be her maiden name... 8O ...
He could be Maria Toia (nee Redaelli)'s brother, cousin, uncle... he could be anything I suppose..
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
Hi, see here
Cognome
TAIA (could be TOIA)
Nome
ATTILIO
EtÃÂ
21
Sesso
M
Professione
PLOUGHMAN
Istruzione
U
Luogo di origine
U
Destinazione
USA
Visto
Emigrante
Classe
Ponte
Porto d'imbarco
BORDEAUX
Nave
CHATEAU LEOVILLE
Data d'arrivo
3/22/1883
More the surnames: TOIA; LOSANNA, RADAELLI, RIVA can be in Gallarate town(currently in Varese province; Varese is province only from the 1927 year) but in the past Gallarate was in Como province..
suanj
Cognome
TAIA (could be TOIA)
Nome
ATTILIO
EtÃÂ
21
Sesso
M
Professione
PLOUGHMAN
Istruzione
U
Luogo di origine
U
Destinazione
USA
Visto
Emigrante
Classe
Ponte
Porto d'imbarco
BORDEAUX
Nave
CHATEAU LEOVILLE
Data d'arrivo
3/22/1883
More the surnames: TOIA; LOSANNA, RADAELLI, RIVA can be in Gallarate town(currently in Varese province; Varese is province only from the 1927 year) but in the past Gallarate was in Como province..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- Marcialise
- Veteran

- Posts: 102
- Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath
I've been to Gallarate many times, because I have a friend living there!!suanj wrote:More the surnames: TOIA; LOSANNA, RADAELLI, RIVA can be in Gallarate town(currently in Varese province why Varese only in 1927) in the past in Como province..
suanj
Do you reckon these names are typical from Gallarate?
Thanks for all your help.
Marcia


