and his wife
Maria Antonia Gardinetti DOB 9/9/1895 DOD 9/8/1990 Both were born in Italy I was told.they came from Naples.
Hi, you can show us the WWI draft registration card abt your Giuseppe La Rotonda?wabash wrote:Laura
Thanks I did go to the Library actually this week and was able to find his draft card and the census, I sent away for his Naturalzation Papers around a month ago and death certificate he died in 1933. When my father was alive he said his father had drowned.
Archie was my father he died when I was sixteen and I have nobody to ask to ask any questions. I dont know where in Italy he was born I have been on ellis Islands site but cant seem to find anything.
Thanks Angie
Hi SuanjSuanj wrote: Hi, you can show us the WWI draft registration card abt your Giuseppe La Rotonda?
I cannot find it, just I found a World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Robert Giuseppe Larotonda
Name: Robert Giuseppe Larotonda
City: Buffalo
County: Erie
State: New York
Birth Date: 1 Feb 1985( 1885)
Race: White
FHL Roll Number: 1712051
DraftBoard: 3
next of kin: sister Elvira La Rotonda in Albano di Lucania ( Potenza province, Basilicata region, IT)
but it is not your ancestor...
suanj
suanj wrote:Great Laura!
so the immigration record is this:
First Name: Roberto
Last Name: La Rotonda
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Albano Luco., Italy
Date of Arrival: May 17, 1906
Age at Arrival: 21y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Madonna
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0010
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 2230070010&
so the WWI draft registration card is right...
suanj
