I have found my husbands realtives on Ellis Island's Records.
They had the last name spelled wrong. They has it listed as Malli and the first names were also wrong, after pouring over the manifests I caught the oops and found more info.
Alfonso Molli
Date of Arrival April 27, 1912
I could not make out the Uncle's name on the destination area but the address was 253 Canal Street, New York.
March 20, 1907: His mother and siblings arrived. Her name Botti, Guiseppa. His siblings were Anna, Francesco, Elvira and Adelina.
I would like to find info on their place of birth and how to obtain records from there. I am also interested in finding info on Alfonso's marriage to Christina last name unknown. They ended up in Ohio.
If any one has info on the Guiangano area in the time frame that Alfonso departed I would love to have access to some of the history. He was a tailor upon arrival.
Molli & Botti Families Guiangano Italy
Re: Molli & Botti Families Guiangano Italy
Hi.Kmolli wrote:I have found my husbands realtives on Ellis Island's Records.
They had the last name spelled wrong. They has it listed as Malli and the first names were also wrong, after pouring over the manifests I caught the oops and found more info.
Alfonso Molli
Date of Arrival April 27, 1912
I could not make out the Uncle's name on the destination area but the address was 253 Canal Street, New York.
March 20, 1907: His mother and siblings arrived. Her name Botti, Guiseppa. His siblings were Anna, Francesco, Elvira and Adelina.
I would like to find info on their place of birth and how to obtain records from there. I am also interested in finding info on Alfonso's marriage to Christina last name unknown. They ended up in Ohio.
If any one has info on the Guiangano area in the time frame that Alfonso departed I would love to have access to some of the history. He was a tailor upon arrival.
- exact name town last residence: GIUNGANO(SALERNO province/ Campania region)
-exact name town birth place of Alfonso mother and siblings: PERDIFUMO(near Giungano, also in Salerno province/Campania region);
-in 1907 year of arrival Alfonso's mother and siblings, Alfonso was already in USA (from reading ship's manifest http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 1910100386)
-for obtain record of alfonso in Italy, must know exact birth place of Alfonso(Giungano or Perdifumo) and after you can send an email to birth's common for request..
suanj
Re: Molli & Botti Families Guiangano Italy
My family came from Giungano and settled in New Jersey at the same time. E-mail me to discus furhter.
oboylepa@aol.com
Pat
oboylepa@aol.com
Pat
Re: Molli & Botti Families Guiangano Italy
Can you provide a link to his manifest? Found an Angela Molli on the Principe De Piemonte, April 27, 1912 but not Alfonso...Kmolli wrote:I have found my husbands realtives on Ellis Island's Records.
They had the last name spelled wrong. They has it listed as Malli and the first names were also wrong, after pouring over the manifests I caught the oops and found more info.
Alfonso Molli
Date of Arrival April 27, 1912
I could not make out the Uncle's name on the destination area but the address was 253 Canal Street, New York.
mfjp
Re: Molli & Botti Families Guiangano Italy
To request civil records in Giungano write to:suanj wrote:Hi.Kmolli wrote:I have found my husbands realtives on Ellis Island's Records.
They had the last name spelled wrong. They has it listed as Malli and the first names were also wrong, after pouring over the manifests I caught the oops and found more info.
Alfonso Molli
Date of Arrival April 27, 1912
I could not make out the Uncle's name on the destination area but the address was 253 Canal Street, New York.
March 20, 1907: His mother and siblings arrived. Her name Botti, Guiseppa. His siblings were Anna, Francesco, Elvira and Adelina.
I would like to find info on their place of birth and how to obtain records from there. I am also interested in finding info on Alfonso's marriage to Christina last name unknown. They ended up in Ohio.
If any one has info on the Guiangano area in the time frame that Alfonso departed I would love to have access to some of the history. He was a tailor upon arrival.
- exact name town last residence: GIUNGANO(SALERNO province/ Campania region)
-exact name town birth place of Alfonso mother and siblings: PERDIFUMO(near Giungano, also in Salerno province/Campania region);
-in 1907 year of arrival Alfonso's mother and siblings, Alfonso was already in USA (from reading ship's manifest http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 1910100386)
-for obtain record of alfonso in Italy, must know exact birth place of Alfonso(Giungano or Perdifumo) and after you can send an email to birth's common for request..
suanj
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via G. Bruno
84050 Giungano (SA)
Italy
to request civil records in Perdifumo write to:
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Provinciale
84060 Perdifumo (SA)
Italy
you can receive an help about civil records of both municipality contacting
Archivio di Stato
Piazza Abate Conforti 7
84100 Salerno
Italy
I suggest yo to write via ordinary mail because most of the times those offices don't work via email.
I also suggest you to put an international coupon as a stamp (ask to your nearest U.S. post office) inside the envelope, so they will easily write you back
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
-
KRISTIMOLLI
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 04:47
Re: Molli & Botti Families Guiangano Italy
After taking a break for several years I am back to the search.
I did find Alfonso on the Ellis Island records.
Alfonso arrived in the US on 1/6/1905. He travelled on the ship Prinz Adalbert.He was 17 years old and arrived in the US with $10. He was going to his uncles (cannot make out name of Uncle) at 253 Canal St., NY Ellis Island original manifest has the transcript with his name as Alferiso Molle. The ship left Naples 12/20/1904 and arrived at Ellis Island 1/6/1905. He was listed as a tailor. He traveled with Pasquale Petrone. Pasquale was 23 years old at the time he arrived. Looks like Pasquale had previously been in the US.
I am going to attempt to write to get records.
I am also on the hunt for Alfonso's wife Christina Dresiderio Rossomagno she was born in 1891. She traveled to Italy with an uncle. I know I saw the manifest at one time but I have not been able to find it again. The hunt continues.
Great thanks to all that posted
I did find Alfonso on the Ellis Island records.
Alfonso arrived in the US on 1/6/1905. He travelled on the ship Prinz Adalbert.He was 17 years old and arrived in the US with $10. He was going to his uncles (cannot make out name of Uncle) at 253 Canal St., NY Ellis Island original manifest has the transcript with his name as Alferiso Molle. The ship left Naples 12/20/1904 and arrived at Ellis Island 1/6/1905. He was listed as a tailor. He traveled with Pasquale Petrone. Pasquale was 23 years old at the time he arrived. Looks like Pasquale had previously been in the US.
I am going to attempt to write to get records.
I am also on the hunt for Alfonso's wife Christina Dresiderio Rossomagno she was born in 1891. She traveled to Italy with an uncle. I know I saw the manifest at one time but I have not been able to find it again. The hunt continues.
Great thanks to all that posted
-
KRISTIMOLLI
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 04:47
Re: Molli & Botti Families Guiangano Italy
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 4945040153
Here is the link to Cristina's record at Ellis Island.
Here is the link to Cristina's record at Ellis Island.
Re: Molli & Botti Families Guiangano Italy
Kristi -
I am the great grand-daughter of Angelo Molli. I believe there is a connection between Alfonso and Angelo. I am trying to find any information about my Italian family as possible. I have plans to go to Italy next Spring and would really like to find some family there but I'm unsure how to go about doing so. I have been to Ellis Island and seen the manifesto and found the apartment my great-grandfather stayed at on Canal street. Have you been there? It is built and connected to a Catholic church...quite fitting
Any info you may have on the Molli family would be appreciated...Maybe we are related???
I am the great grand-daughter of Angelo Molli. I believe there is a connection between Alfonso and Angelo. I am trying to find any information about my Italian family as possible. I have plans to go to Italy next Spring and would really like to find some family there but I'm unsure how to go about doing so. I have been to Ellis Island and seen the manifesto and found the apartment my great-grandfather stayed at on Canal street. Have you been there? It is built and connected to a Catholic church...quite fitting

