OMG Barbara, I think we're related!!! Yes, it was Gregory that drew "These Woman", I just couldnt think of it when I first wrote you. And yes, I knew bits of John being a furrier. And the name of the other brother is Caspare, who came here, married Grace but, no children. Never heard the name Antonio or the unknown priest killer's name. And yes, yes, yes, it was my grandma who was still in Italy when her father & brothers came to America. Her name is Consolata, & my mom, said her sisters never came here, just grandma. She married Giuseppe Formato, he came here first & I have to check, but, I think it was with grandma's brother Agostino. They were married in Italy then lived in New York, but, only for a year. My oldest uncle Charlie was born there, at 289 Elizabeth St, N.Y. I think grandpa wanted to come here to settle, & not New York, dont know why. So they then had Charlie, Anita, Leonard, William & Mary (my mom). So many of the same names, I get very confused. To the present, my cousin Bobbie (Willi's daughter) started this geneology. She lives in southern Ill & I visit her monthly. She got me started, cause she was at a stand still. But, now we know (Consolata's) parents names (Fillomena & Giuseppe) most of the brothers and perhaps we can find out the sisters names. Are you aware of these people that live in Montefalcone? Filippo, Leonardo & Maria Christina same address & phone #. Sounds like a family. Maybe the brother that had to go back. His grandchildren???? My husband is friends with Neopolitans that will be able to speak to them when we want to call.
My dear sweet mom died 16 months ago, almost made 93 yrs young. She lived with us & is sorly missed. She was the last of the Formatos (D'Alessios) all died before her. Charlie married Melva was he was 52 & had one daughter Jeannie who still lives in Missoure, Anita married Joeseph and had one son Sam who lives in a near by suburb and is 82, Leonard married Josephine at 48, no children, she is alive & very much apart of our family & is 83. Willy married young had Bobbie, then re-married and had Christine, he died at 53, heart attack. Then my mom married Albert and had Albert, William & me RoseMary. So here we are Barbara. I cant tell you how grateful I am to have found you, & hope this is just the beginning of our relationship. e-mail me at rmpistilli@aol.com or of course on this page. My husband has relatives in the car business in Paramus, New Jersey. Please keep the connection going & I'm calling Bobbie right now to tell her about you and all the info you have given me.
Later,
RM
finding ancestors
- greenweedz
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 12 May 2009, 00:58
Re: finding ancestors
OK! How cool is this!! I'm putting your email address into my address book. You'll be getting an email with pictures and an invitation to view my family tree.
Barbara
Barbara
- marialuigi
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 27 Apr 2009, 22:28
Re: finding ancestors
Barbara, thank you so much.
Rose Mary
Rose Mary
-
kristingish
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 15 Jan 2012, 20:57
Re: finding ancestors
Hello!
I was searching for information about 289 Elizabeth St. in New York as one of my ancestors lived in the building in 1900 and I was wondering if either of you had any information about it?
Thanks!
Kristin
I was searching for information about 289 Elizabeth St. in New York as one of my ancestors lived in the building in 1900 and I was wondering if either of you had any information about it?
Thanks!
Kristin