Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I've only posted on this site a couple of times. I'm looking for ancestors in my family from Faeto, Foggia, Italy. Michele Prospero Capozziello came over in 1899 and his wife, Mary (Maria?) Guiseppa Cerrato Capozziello came to the US with her daughters, Mary (age and Concetta (age 4) in 1912. I would like to find out more about Michele and Mary's parents, as well as their sisters and brothers, plus the rest of the family back in Italy. Can anyone tell me where I would send a letter?
BTW - on the ship manifest for Maria Giuseppa Cerrato and her daughters, Maria and Concetta... she indicates that she is leaving her mother, ANGELA CATALINI/CATALANO in Faeto
I did try, but found nothing. I will be sending the letter tomorrow. I'm very excited because I had previously posted regarding the other side of my family in Basilicata, Pomarico and you told me to write Matera. I did and have gone generations back. It's incredible. Not only that, my family is back together and we are in touch with our family there. Thank you so very much. I have two more places, but I will need to look at other posts first. If I don't find it, I'll post again. Grazie!
Oh, by the way, not sure why it said Maria and Concetta left their mother behind. She and their father moved here from Faeto, but maybe it was later. I have to check the dates.
Thank you again!
DeCiccofam wrote:Oh, by the way, not sure why it said Maria and Concetta left their mother behind. She and their father moved here from Faeto, but maybe it was later. I have to check the dates.
Thank you again!
It was not Maria and Concetta that left their mother behind... it was their GRANDMOTHER (Maria Giuseppa Cerrato's mother) who was left in Faeto. Her name was Angela Catalini/Catalano...
I just saw that I had her on my tree as Angela Cadalino. I must have gotten that from the manifest. But I'm hoping to have even more information when I hear back from Faeto. It's all very exciting!
Hi, I, too am looking for Capoziella/Pastore/D'Ambrosio families from Foggia. Don't seem to have your particular names, but...lines cross the further back you go. I am willing to share all info if you feel that we can help each other. Will look for a reply, thanks!
Hi fellow Faeti,
I have ordered the microfilm from LDS and found all the information I needed.
My Aunt married Giovanni Capozzielli(the correct spelling) and they lived in CT.
First you need the microfilm numbers and a family history center near you where they will send them.
You read them on microfiche, in Italian. You can copy or put them on a usb drive.
If you need help I am willing to do what I can to help you. I will send you a pm with my contact info.
The correct spelling of our name is Capozziello. There is a CT branch and also a Chicago branch. We're all just starting to work together on ancestry.com. Hopefully we'll figure it out. We're all from Faeto, Foggia, Italy.
I wrote to Foggia in January (hand-written letter in Italian), but sadly, never heard back from them. I was hoping to get some family information. I may try again...
I would definitely be willing to work together.