Looking for information on Elisa/Eliza/Elizabeth DiSipio who emigrated from Italy to Philadelphia in 1911. I'm unable to find any record of her travel.
Thanks!
Elisa DiSipio
Re: Elisa DiSipio
Possible 1912 Philly manifest for Luisa Di Sipio, line 17
Page 1
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6149/luisa19121.jpg
Page 2
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/710/luisa19122.jpg
Biff
Page 1
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6149/luisa19121.jpg
Page 2
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/710/luisa19122.jpg
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Elisa DiSipio
Nice find, Biff 
On the above manifest posted by Biff - the destination listed on the second page (line 17) looks like it had been corrected to: brother - Stefano DiSipio at 911 So. 9th St., Philadelphia.
T.
On the above manifest posted by Biff - the destination listed on the second page (line 17) looks like it had been corrected to: brother - Stefano DiSipio at 911 So. 9th St., Philadelphia.
T.
-
lisataddei
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:50
Re: Elisa DiSipio
Thank you! I'll check into it and see if it could be the same person I'm looking for.
-
lisataddei
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:50
Re: Elisa DiSipio
I do have a question about the 1912 manifest---it says Luisa is a male. (???) Luisa doesn't seem like a male name to me. Could that be a mistake?
Re: Elisa DiSipio
I do believe it is a mistake. You can see that her occupation was listed as "farm laborer" and then written over with a correction of "Domestic" -lisataddei wrote:I do have a question about the 1912 manifest---it says Luisa is a male. (???) Luisa doesn't seem like a male name to me. Could that be a mistake?
I think they just forgot to change the gender
If you take a look at the second page that Biff posted, you can see that the two passengers above Luisa were going to the same address. They were "met by ... Gaetano DiSipio"
T.
-
lisataddei
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:50
Re: Elisa DiSipio
I had a hard time reading everything on that census--I'm impressed anyone could interpret it. Thanks!
Re: Elisa DiSipio
After you open the image, click on it AGAIN to magnifylisataddei wrote:I had a hard time reading everything on that census--I'm impressed anyone could interpret it. Thanks!
T.
-
lisataddei
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:50
Re: Elisa DiSipio
Thanks. The writing is very difficult to read, even large. I'll ask my mother-in-law if there are any Gaetano DiSipio's in the line. Seems like DiSipio is a very common name around Philadelphia.
