Hello, everyone.
I'm researching the family tree of my family and are close to discovering the birthplace of my great-great-grandfather "Narciso Rosante", Italian gentleman. Please, if anyone can help with any information, I'd be eternally grateful.
I found that he came with his wife who was called "Tereza Vitorella Rosante" age of +/- 37 years old and a daughter of three years old who was called "Maria Rosante".
They arrived in Sao Paulo/Brazil in 20/nov/1891, age of +/- 36 years aboard the ship (boat) called "Europe", from the city of Genoa. So I assume that the date of his birth is between the years 1854 and 1855. I found on this link http://www.arquivoestado.sp.gov.br/livr ... 30&pag=280
I also found another link about the ship "Europa", that had arrived in Brazil, first in Rio de Janeiro in 05/nov/1891, after I guess that the ship was to Sao Paulo (450km)
If you guys has any information of "famiglia Rosante" from USA, Argentina or wherever, please send me, it can help me locate the city (comune) in italy.
thanks a lot!
famiglia Rosante
Re: famiglia Rosante
Hi, I believe that the birth area of Narciso could be Veneto region: some commune in Padova or Rovigo provinces...
here the ship's manifest of your ancestors arrival:
http://www.museudaimigracao.org.br/acer ... 30_280.pdf
regards,
suanj
here the ship's manifest of your ancestors arrival:
http://www.museudaimigracao.org.br/acer ... 30_280.pdf
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: famiglia Rosante
Hello suanj, thanks for the ship's manifest, it's a nice document and I hadn't the original scanned!
About "Padova or Rovigo" provinces, I tried finding on http://aspd.beniculturali.it/leva_consulta.php "Leva Militare delle province di Padova e Rovigo 1846 - 1902", but it returned no results.
I also tried in Venezia province on http://www.archiviodistatovenezia.it/le ... h.php?SR=1, but no results too.
thanks again!
About "Padova or Rovigo" provinces, I tried finding on http://aspd.beniculturali.it/leva_consulta.php "Leva Militare delle province di Padova e Rovigo 1846 - 1902", but it returned no results.
I also tried in Venezia province on http://www.archiviodistatovenezia.it/le ... h.php?SR=1, but no results too.
thanks again!

