Help Please!
I too am having a hard time finding a ship manifest ... For the arrival of AGLIRA, Oreste. It's supposed to be the "Trojan Prince" leaving Naples about 1 Sept 1903 and arriving New York 15 September 1903.
Any help will be deeply appreciated!
Thanks
Hip Manifest :: 1903
Re: Hip Manifest :: 1903
Hi,
your Oreste travelled under mother maiden name: Oliviero,
and with mother maiden name (Anna OLIVIERO) and joining at father Luigi AGLIRA in NY
First Name: Oreste
Last Name: Oliviero A...fira
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Napoli
Date of Arrival: Sep 26, 1902
Age at Arrival: 9y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Trojan Prince
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0024
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0024
all the best,
suanj
your Oreste travelled under mother maiden name: Oliviero,
and with mother maiden name (Anna OLIVIERO) and joining at father Luigi AGLIRA in NY
First Name: Oreste
Last Name: Oliviero A...fira
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Napoli
Date of Arrival: Sep 26, 1902
Age at Arrival: 9y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Trojan Prince
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0024
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0024
all the best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Hip Manifest :: 1903
Thank you so much !!! Definitely the one I'm looking for. The going to and blind eye notation nails it.
FMI, if you would, what was the criteria of your search in as much he's listed under his mother's maiden name ... The name Aglira only reads on the section to where he was going upon arrival
Thanks, again
FMI, if you would, what was the criteria of your search in as much he's listed under his mother's maiden name ... The name Aglira only reads on the section to where he was going upon arrival
Thanks, again
Re: Hip Manifest :: 1903
the criteria:
I found the naturalization;
him birthplace: Napoli
birthyear: 1895 ( by US documents, but normally it is no the same by IT documents)
arrival: 1903 Trojan Prince
-----------
he was a child so travelled with parents, ok?
going at this website
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html?
First name start with: Ores
Town Name: Napoli
Birthyear: between 1890 and 1896
Year of arrival: between 1900 and 1905
when I read: Oreste Oliviero A...fira
that is my guy!!! read ship's manifest all ok and I posted it..
regards,
suanj
I found the naturalization;
him birthplace: Napoli
birthyear: 1895 ( by US documents, but normally it is no the same by IT documents)
arrival: 1903 Trojan Prince
-----------
he was a child so travelled with parents, ok?
going at this website
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html?
First name start with: Ores
Town Name: Napoli
Birthyear: between 1890 and 1896
Year of arrival: between 1900 and 1905
when I read: Oreste Oliviero A...fira
that is my guy!!! read ship's manifest all ok and I posted it..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Hip Manifest :: 1903
Thank you so much ... I wasn't aware of the more enhanced search screen
Ron
Ron
Re: Hip Manifest :: 1903
Hi Ron,
I believe I came across a great google map that you put together listing some of the Aglira family who came over in the late 1800s early 1900s. I am looking into ancestry as well. My great grandfather was Bruno Aglira (who came to the US in 1893). His brother Luigi followed a few years later. I believe they were both from Reggio Calabria (Gerace I believe). They both named their first born sons Francesco (which leads me to believe this was the name of their father). I was wondering if you might be able to share the information you came across on Francesco and Luigi Aglira from your family? I'd love to figure out whether they are all related.
Thank you!
Jen
I believe I came across a great google map that you put together listing some of the Aglira family who came over in the late 1800s early 1900s. I am looking into ancestry as well. My great grandfather was Bruno Aglira (who came to the US in 1893). His brother Luigi followed a few years later. I believe they were both from Reggio Calabria (Gerace I believe). They both named their first born sons Francesco (which leads me to believe this was the name of their father). I was wondering if you might be able to share the information you came across on Francesco and Luigi Aglira from your family? I'd love to figure out whether they are all related.
Thank you!
Jen


