Could somebody please help me understand this birth record I found for my great grandmother, Carmela Merlo. If I'm understanding it correctly her father is Angelo Merlo, he was 27 years old, and she was born in Licata. I can't figure out who the mother (my great great grandmother) is? Any help with what this record says would be great. Thanks
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=Vi ... pid=224240
I need help translating a birth record
Re: I need help translating a birth record
1897 May 7 before the civil official of Liacta appeared Angelo Merlo age 27 shoemaker with Rosa Scicolone at 9:15 am on May 5 at the house in Licata on via Vittorio Emanuele gave birth to a baby girl named Carmella Merlo
Witnesses
Giuesppe Cipriano 36 shoemaker
Gaspare Lombardo age 22 shoemaker
Marty
Witnesses
Giuesppe Cipriano 36 shoemaker
Gaspare Lombardo age 22 shoemaker
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: I need help translating a birth record
Thank You so much, that information means so much to me.

