Is it just me or is there a secret to enlarging the above 1910 census?
The petition shows his birthdate as 10/12/1853, so using this......a possible manifest would #3.
New York Passenger Lists
You searched for Vincenzo Caputo Refine your search
All Immigration ResultsViewing 1-3 of 3
View Record Name Arrival Date Estimated Birth Year Gender Port of Departure Place of Origin Ship Name View Ship Image View Passenger List
View Record Vincenzo Caputo 25 Jul 1881 abt 1860 Male Bordeaux, France Italy Ville De Lisboune (Image linked)
View Record Vincenzo Caputo 9 Dec 1881 abt 1844 Male Palermo, Italy Italy Vincenzo Florio
View Record Vincenzo Caputo 20 Oct 1882 abt 1851 Male Marseilles, France and Naples, Italy Italy.
Hope it helps.
Looking for Caputo in Spezzano Albanese
Re: Looking for Caputo in Spezzano Albanese
Nope.........I can't get it either.......I know I need glasses, but that seems real small.......
Maybe it's imageshack...been giving me problems all day!!
Lisa
Maybe it's imageshack...been giving me problems all day!!
Lisa
- runnercappy
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 22 Apr 2008, 03:57
Re: Looking for Caputo in Spezzano Albanese
HI, >My grandpop, Pietro Caputo, was born and baptized in Spezzano Albanese. He emigrated with his parents and sister to the US sometime around 1900. I'm still not sure exactly when and on what ship.
I do have certificates of birth, marriage and death from the church in Spezzano Albanese.
I also just came back from a visit there.
If you are interested in communicating please do not hesitate to contact me.
Ken Caputa (yes, name was mispelled during emigration, sad I know)
I do have certificates of birth, marriage and death from the church in Spezzano Albanese.
I also just came back from a visit there.
If you are interested in communicating please do not hesitate to contact me.
Ken Caputa (yes, name was mispelled during emigration, sad I know)
- runnercappy
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 22 Apr 2008, 03:57
Re: Looking for Caputo in Spezzano Albanese
Hello,
My great-grandfather Natale Caputo also came from Spezzano Albanese in the late 1800's and settled in Bristol, PA.
I've done quite a bit of research and have visited Spezzano Albanese twice.
I've never been able to find any siblings or other relatives of Natale.
Maybe we can compare notes ?
I hope you are still reachable through this site.
Ken Caputa (yes, mispelled somehow during immigration)
My great-grandfather Natale Caputo also came from Spezzano Albanese in the late 1800's and settled in Bristol, PA.
I've done quite a bit of research and have visited Spezzano Albanese twice.
I've never been able to find any siblings or other relatives of Natale.
Maybe we can compare notes ?
I hope you are still reachable through this site.
Ken Caputa (yes, mispelled somehow during immigration)
Re: Looking for Caputo in Spezzano Albanese
brujaojos wrote:Hi There,magprise wrote:Hello,
I am trying to do research on my great-grandfather Vincenzo Caputo. I think he was born about 1860-63 - he emigrated to US in 1881. He was married in NYC in 1886. On his marriage license it said his parents were Giuseppe and Rosa Rosina. I never knew where he was from but have recently found a letter from 1911 he wrote telling his family that his trip back to Italy was going well and his brother's family was in good health. At the top of the letter he wrote Spezzano Albanese so I think that is where he is from. Does anyone know if there are Caputo's in Spezzano? Or any other information would be helpful.
Thank you,
GS
The surname Caputo is in the Province of Cosenza which the town of Spezzano Albanese is located.
The Family History Center does have microfilm for the town of Spezzano Albanese. The film costs about $5.75 a roll. Here is the link for the film numbers.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50
Here is the link to find the nearest Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
I did find this manifest of a Vincenzo coming into the USA in 1881 and his year of birth is 1860. This is a possibility.
Name: Vincenzo Caputo
Arrival Date: 25 Jul 1881
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1860
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Bordeaux, France
Destination: United States of America
Place of Origin: Italy
Ship Name: Ville De Lisboune
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 2
Microfilm Serial: M237
Microfilm Roll: 440
List Number: 1003
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Do you have his naturalization records? Here are som possible Naturalization Records for the Southern District of NY.
Name - Year - Petition Volume - Petition Number - Soundex
Caputo Vincent 1954 511204 C130
Caputo Vincento 1918 76 18667 C130
Caputo Vincenzo 1928 340 101696 C130
Caputo Vincenzo 1925 178 44853 C130
Caputo Vincenzo 1910 23 5572 C130
Caputo Vincenzo 1920 94 23026 C130
Caputo Vincenzo 1935 714 207219 C130
If you give us some information such as where he settled in the USA. What was his wife's name? Do you know any of the childrens' names? We might be able to find you some census records as well as help you narrow down where he is from.
I hope some of this helps,
Trish
How do I get a hold of the Spezzano Albanese records? Are they available online at all? My family is from Spezzano Albanese as well, and I'm trying to track down more info...
Re: Looking for Caputo in Spezzano Albanese
You can register at the Cosenza Archives site and insert what you know. Although the site is still updating there is a ton of info on the residents of the carious comuni in Italy and you may even, for a small amount, order copies of the records you find.
It's an excellent starting point. Good luck in your search.
It's an excellent starting point. Good luck in your search.


