new to genealogy, help!?
- artzechck3
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 00:00
new to genealogy, help!?
Hi, I am new to the whole genealogy thing. However, I have found tremendous information so far. I have hit a brick wall, I was hoping to find some help. I am not sure how to find information on ancestors from Italy. I am looking for information on: Eltroe Biancone born approx. 1887 in Italy. Once my search led to overseas I don't know what to do next?
Thanks for your help!!
Laura
Thanks for your help!!
Laura
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
In order to research in Italy you must identify your ancestors town of origin or the town the event took place in. Have you found your ancestors immigration record? That should have the town he was from (unless it is an early manifest).
Have you found them on the US census reports? They will also give a year of immigration and naturalization status.
Lets us know if you have found any of this informaiton.
Debbie
Have you found them on the US census reports? They will also give a year of immigration and naturalization status.
Lets us know if you have found any of this informaiton.
Debbie
- artzechck3
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 00:00
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
I found a 1930 census record, but it didn't have any information on immigration date, town born in, etc. I also can't find any imigration records.
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Could you post a link to the census or give the name, state, county and city so I can find it?
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Is this your family?
Eltroe Biancone
Age: 43
Estimated birth year: abt 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Josephine Biancone
Race: White
Home in 1930: Riverside, Burlington, New Jersey
http://img151.echo.cx/img151/3506/1930bione5dj.jpg
If so, he came to the USA about 1907 and was naturalized by 1930.
Debbie
Eltroe Biancone
Age: 43
Estimated birth year: abt 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Josephine Biancone
Race: White
Home in 1930: Riverside, Burlington, New Jersey
http://img151.echo.cx/img151/3506/1930bione5dj.jpg
If so, he came to the USA about 1907 and was naturalized by 1930.
Debbie
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
There are about 48 Ellis Island ship records for Biancone (exact spelling)... but can't find anything close to a name "Eltroe"...
Do you have further information about his name?
Have you found any info from the Ellis Island ship records??
Also, if Eltroe had any siblings, please mention...
mfjp
Do you have further information about his name?
Have you found any info from the Ellis Island ship records??
Also, if Eltroe had any siblings, please mention...
mfjp
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Hi Laura,artzechck3 wrote:Hi, I am new to the whole genealogy thing. However, I have found tremendous information so far. I have hit a brick wall, I was hoping to find some help. I am not sure how to find information on ancestors from Italy. I am looking for information on: Eltroe Biancone born approx. 1887 in Italy. Once my search led to overseas I don't know what to do next?
Thanks for your help!!
Laura
Here is the 1910 Census of Ettore Biancone in PA. I know with the help of my friends on here, they will post the census for me. (thank you)
Name: Ettore Biancone
Age in 1910: 22
Estimated birth year: abt 1888
Home in 1910: Radnor Twp, Delaware, Pennsylvania
Race: White
Gender: Male
Series: T624
Roll: 1340
Part: 1
Page: 262A
Year: 1910
Here is the 1920 Census information
Name: Ettore D Biancone
Age: 33 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Riverside, Burlington, New Jersey
Roll: T625_1021
Page: 5A
ED: 103
Image: 859
This is could be Ettore coming through Ellis Island. It's a two page manifest. It states he left his father, Antonio in Tonicella and was going to go to Philadelphia.
First Name: Ettore
Last Name: Biancani
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Tonicella, Teramo
Date of Arrival: September 03, 1907
Age at Arrival: 21y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Luisiana
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0028
Page 1 of Manifest
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0686%2ETIF
Page 2 of Manifest
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0686%2ETIF
I hope this helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
The town is probably TORRICELLA SICURA, 4 km from Teramo. You can find some information at http://www.abruzzocitta.it/comuni/torricellasicura.html and http://www.comuni-italiani.it/067/043/
good luck!
Marco, Milano
good luck!
Marco, Milano
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Hi There,Marco wrote:The town is probably TORRICELLA SICURA, 4 km from Teramo. You can find some information at http://www.abruzzocitta.it/comuni/torricellasicura.html and http://www.comuni-italiani.it/067/043/
good luck!
Marco, Milano
Depending on the town of Torricella, the Family History Center has microfilm for several Torricella towns.
Italy, Taranto, Torricella
Italy, Chieti, Torricella Peligna
Italy, Teramo, Torricella Sicura
Italy, Pavia, Torricella Verzate
Italy, Rieti, Torricella in Sabina
Here is the link to do a place search for the correct Torricella.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
Hopefully you have an idea what part of Italy the family came from. If you do, it would help you narrow it down to the exact town.
I hope this helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Here is the 1910 census........I am working on the 1920......
which is two pages........
http://img144.echo.cx/img144/4922/dvimage1eb.png
wldspirit
which is two pages........
http://img144.echo.cx/img144/4922/dvimage1eb.png
wldspirit
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
1920 census, image one..........
http://img229.echo.cx/img229/2552/image12hh.png
and image two...........
http://img182.echo.cx/img182/483/image28tx.png
wldspirit
http://img229.echo.cx/img229/2552/image12hh.png
and image two...........
http://img182.echo.cx/img182/483/image28tx.png
wldspirit
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Dear Wldspirit,wldspirit wrote:Here is the 1910 census........I am working on the 1920......
which is two pages........
http://img144.echo.cx/img144/4922/dvimage1eb.png
wldspirit
Thank you for helping me out and posting the census records for me. I truly do appreciate it.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
anytime Trish....happy to help out......
Lisa
Lisa
- artzechck3
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 00:00
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Thank you so much for all of your help, it's overwhelming! I truely appreciate it!!!
Laura
Laura
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
I agree. There are still Biancone families living in Teramo, which is very near Torricella Sicura.Marco wrote:The town is probably TORRICELLA SICURA, 4 km from Teramo. You can find some information at http://www.abruzzocitta.it/comuni/torricellasicura.html and http://www.comuni-italiani.it/067/043/
good luck!
Marco, Milano
I'd say the odds are high enough that I would order the birth and marriage films for Torricella Sicura from 1885 on and start combing the index.
But that's just me.



