Family search has birth/death/marriage records from 1809 - 1865. I am looking for 1866-1900 birth/death/marriage records. I checked the state/regional archive listings and they only show the same records that familysearch has.
Do I need to go to the town to view the 1866-1900 records? Has anyone tried there or similar towns? I am not sure what to expect, or if there is an associated cost. I dont need them to look anything up, I just want access to the records so I can translate what I need.
Thanks!
Ortona Dei Marsi, La Aquila, Abruzzo
Re: Ortona Dei Marsi, La Aquila, Abruzzo
Hello!
Unfortunately, my experience with southern Communes is that they keep records for years after 1865, but they don't let you access them. You have to ask them for a search with known elements (name, birth date), and they send you a copy (if they have time). I think that is because they do not consider those records as "historical", but as "current".
Unfortunately, my experience with southern Communes is that they keep records for years after 1865, but they don't let you access them. You have to ask them for a search with known elements (name, birth date), and they send you a copy (if they have time). I think that is because they do not consider those records as "historical", but as "current".
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

