Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by wldspirit »

Thanks so much Gen......I would really like to help connect this family.....
so often in our search for our ancestors, past and present, I don't think we
stop to realize that our families in Italy may be searching for us to. Sad in a way......to completely lose touch like that.......
Lisa
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by VaDeb »

Ale,

There is still conflicting information of the person we are looking for.

One avenue is to do a title search on the property and see who owned it in the 1960's. That might produce a name and answer. This has to be done in person. Or by contacting a title search company. I have no idea what they would charge for this research. Might give a break on the price since they are not writing a policy or issuing offical information.

The other place is to start at the begining. We need to find a manifest and see where in the US the family went when they arrived. Hopefully can follow them through the census.

Perhaps order the Stato di famiglia originario. That would give the names of the parents and correct birth dates of Antoinette and her brother. We would know for sure who to look for.

Debbie
User avatar
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by goldhunter »

Hi Ale,

It turns out that the addresses 5142 and 5144 Myrtus are both part of the same duplex house. I called Temple City and found out that all the current tax bills are going to the 5142 Myrtus address. Now that we know the house still exists, there is no need to send me pictures. I cannot get to Norwalk this week but will go next Tuesday or Wednesday. Norwalk is not very far from where I live. I am not sure if knowing the current owner's name would help. I was told the only way to do an archive search was by the address and in person. If it turns out that I need the name, will let you know. Thanks, Lisa ... and by the way, you are right! We in the U.S. tend to forget that genealogy works both ways.

Norwalk is also where they keep birth and death certifiicates. I Might be able to find some info on Jimmy/James or Dario.

For anyone that might be interested, in Norwalk they have records for Los Angeles County going back to 1803. That's 47 years before California was a state.

The Rosemead library only has a 1948 and 1951 telephone directory for Temple City. It might be worth a look.

Keep the faith Ale, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Jay

Ps: My real first name is Breno. Jay is just a nickname. My relatives are Zoldani and came from the Val di Zoldo in the Belunese Dolomiti.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by wldspirit »

Jay......sent you a pm with all the info on Myrtus Ave., if it turns out you need it, it's there. God Bless you for taking the time..... :D

Ale,
Keeping my fingers crossed that Jay will uncover some clues for you!!!!!
Hugs,
Lisa
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

Genquilts wrote:Birth records would be located in the Los Angeles County records.

Temple City seem to have it's own school district. The high school there is Temple City High School: 9501 E. LEMON AVE., TEMPLE CITY CA 91780-1305 Phone number: 626-548-5113

Web site for the school district: http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/Scho ... um=0638980

Good luck!
Thank's so much.
I'm exploring the site right now..seems to be useful...
I'll tell you.
Grazie Grazie, a presto... Alessia :D
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

wldspirit wrote:Thanks so much Gen......I would really like to help connect this family.....
so often in our search for our ancestors, past and present, I don't think we
stop to realize that our families in Italy may be searching for us to. Sad in a way......to completely lose touch like that.......
Lisa

Lisa,
I'm glad you understand what I mean in searching my nonno's relatives.
my family is composed of few people.
I have no nephew, no cousins, just 1 aunt...we're 5 people only.
wouldn't it be good to share a christmas lunch all together?
Or make them meet my nonno, finally, and hear them talk about the past?

I wish you can work it out for me. In case you can't it will be ok anyway.
I really appreciate your cooperation.

A presto e grazie, Ale :D
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

wldspirit wrote:Jay......sent you a pm with all the info on Myrtus Ave., if it turns out you need it, it's there. God Bless you for taking the time..... :D

Ale,
Keeping my fingers crossed that Jay will uncover some clues for you!!!!!
Hugs,
Lisa
Lisa,
I'm not keeping only my fingers crossed, but my whole body! :lol:
I' m sure you'll succed, cool girl!
DoubleHug, Alessia. :wink:
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

goldhunter wrote:Hi Ale,

It turns out that the addresses 5142 and 5144 Myrtus are both part of the same duplex house. I called Temple City and found out that all the current tax bills are going to the 5142 Myrtus address. Now that we know the house still exists, there is no need to send me pictures. I cannot get to Norwalk this week but will go next Tuesday or Wednesday. Norwalk is not very far from where I live. I am not sure if knowing the current owner's name would help. I was told the only way to do an archive search was by the address and in person. If it turns out that I need the name, will let you know. Thanks, Lisa ... and by the way, you are right! We in the U.S. tend to forget that genealogy works both ways.

Norwalk is also where they keep birth and death certifiicates. I Might be able to find some info on Jimmy/James or Dario.

For anyone that might be interested, in Norwalk they have records for Los Angeles County going back to 1803. That's 47 years before California was a state.

The Rosemead library only has a 1948 and 1951 telephone directory for Temple City. It might be worth a look.

Keep the faith Ale, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Jay

Ps: My real first name is Breno. Jay is just a nickname. My relatives are Zoldani and came from the Val di Zoldo in the Belunese Dolomiti.


Hi,
I'm glad to know the house still exists.
were you able to see it? Does it still have the pool? Is there a white house close to it?

i think that looking on 1951 phone directory might be helpful, don't you?

p.s.
Nice to meet you, Breno.
Che stupida, I thought you were a girl!
Your family come from high mountains.
Dolomiti is the best place for people who love snow.
i can't stand it that much.
I live on the seaside and I could never live far from the sea.
Have you ever been to Italy? Did you see dolomiti? food & wine are great there..(I think right name is BELLUNESE - with double LL - DOLOMITI).

Grazie grazie, I would like to exchange all yr kindness but I don't know how... :D
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

VaDeb wrote:Ale,

There is still conflicting information of the person we are looking for.

One avenue is to do a title search on the property and see who owned it in the 1960's. That might produce a name and answer. This has to be done in person. Or by contacting a title search company. I have no idea what they would charge for this research. Might give a break on the price since they are not writing a policy or issuing offical information.

The other place is to start at the begining. We need to find a manifest and see where in the US the family went when they arrived. Hopefully can follow them through the census.

Perhaps order the Stato di famiglia originario. That would give the names of the parents and correct birth dates of Antoinette and her brother. We would know for sure who to look for.

Debbie
Debbie,
how much do you think it will be?
I am at yr disposal to send money trough western union but I can't do it personally there.
That would really be too expensive and I wouldn't know where to go...

I was trying yesterday to look for on ellisisland by myself but i was not able.
Why all emigrated are there except my family? ... buh?

Ciao Ale... :cry:
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by suanj »

Alessia: scrivo in italiano; fra tutti questi posting non riesco a raccapezzarmi, e vorrei aiutarti.
Vediamo se ho capito bene:
-Antonietta FELICI sposa Roberto MORELLI e hanno due figli:
James e Dario..
Antonietta è emigrata nel 1919 all'età di 13 anni; se puoi dire il Comune esatto di Antonietta sicuramente aiuteresti la ricerca, era ROMA? e conosci il luogo di nascita di Roberto?
Grazie per una risposta,
suanj




PS: sarebbe interessante anche vedere questo records, anche se l'anno di nascita non è giusto:
Amtometto Morelli Birth: abt 1913 - location
Residence: 1930 - city, San Diego, California
Source: Census - 1930 United States Federal Census
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

suanj wrote:Alessia: scrivo in italiano; fra tutti questi posting non riesco a raccapezzarmi, e vorrei aiutarti.
Vediamo se ho capito bene:
-Antonietta FELICI sposa Roberto MORELLI e hanno due figli:
James e Dario..
Antonietta è emigrata nel 1919 all'età di 13 anni; se puoi dire il Comune esatto di Antonietta sicuramente aiuteresti la ricerca, era ROMA? e conosci il luogo di nascita di Roberto?
Grazie per una risposta,
suanj




PS: sarebbe interessante anche vedere questo records, anche se l'anno di nascita non è giusto:
Amtometto Morelli Birth: abt 1913 - location
Residence: 1930 - city, San Diego, California
Source: Census - 1930 United States Federal Census

Ciao Suanj,
grazie per il tuo aiuto.
What you wrote is not completely correct.

I personaggi di tutta questa storia sono:
1. Mrs. A. Morelli (my nonno says A stands for Antonietta/Antonia but I still have some doubts on his memories). Moved at the age of 13 to CA surely with her younger brother (8 ?) and with their parents, i guess. her maiden name might have been FELICI.
2. Antonietta's husband - probably mr "X" Morelli.
3. they had a son or a daughter. my nonno says it was a daughter, but who knows..
4. Mysterious "Roberto".
He might have been her younger brother or her son.
Surely not her husband because I have a picture of a family (wife+husband+Jimmy+Dario and behind Antonietta wrote "Roberto with her wife and sons")
5. Jimmy and Dario, supposed to be the third generation from her.
So they might have been Antonietta's grandsons (born by her daughter/son).

I'm waiting for someone who can scan the four pictures I have of the family.
Antonietta might be born in 1906, surely in Italy - maybe in Rome.
I am sure of her first original address because I can see it on the only letter left.

I found some antonietta on geneaology.com but I 'm not able to go on with search.

is all this helpful to you?
Thank's for yr kind cooperation. Alessia

ps.
Maybe I am not so good with foreign languages, but do you want me to speak english or italian?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by suanj »

Yes I understand... but I searched many time, no found Antonietta Felici on ship's manifest also with many others key search...


Morelli surname, in California's deaths from 1940 to 1997 are this:
name death year birthplace
MORELLI, AGOSTINO 1972 ITALY
MORELLI, ALTIERI 1972 ITALY
MORELLI, ANTONIO 1964 ITALY
MORELLI, AVELIA L 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, DOMENICA 1973 ITALY
MORELLI, ELVIRA 1967 ITALY
MORELLI, FRANCESC 1965 ITALY
MORELLI, FRANK 1967 ITALY
MORELLI, GIROLAMO 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, GIUSEPPE 1973 ITALY
MORELLI, GIUSEPPE J 1971 ITALY
MORELLI, GUIDO V 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, HENRY 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, JAMES A 1966 ITALY
MORELLI, MARY P 1960 ITALY
MORELLI, PETER J 1968 ITALY
MORELLI, PETER S 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, ROSA L 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, VIRGINIA 1961 ITALY

is most probable that Antonietta's husband is someone of this Morelli(hoping died in California); well, now could be necessary to know all details on this persons, and to descover if someone is died in Temple city..most probable is the James Morelli that already found here...

so is possible to know almost the probable first name just of Antonietta's husband... I know that is an long search, but is better to search with more detail possible.... and from my experience need to go up head family....

In California obituares are only this record about an Felici born in Italy:

ALTERO W FELICI Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1963 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

Why Antonietta probable already died in California, well are this records about death of Felice/i (on ancestry is easy the mistaken surnames) persons born in Italy:

AGATA FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1965 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

ANTONIO FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1970 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

GAETANO FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1971 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

JOHN FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1965 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997


PETER A FELICE
FILICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1967 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

SALY B FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1968 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

SAVERIA B FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1968 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

TERESA FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1960 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997


some suggestions...?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

suanj wrote:Yes I understand... but I searched many time, no found Antonietta Felici on ship's manifest also with many others key search...


Morelli surname, in California's deaths from 1940 to 1997 are this:
name death year birthplace
MORELLI, AGOSTINO 1972 ITALY
MORELLI, ALTIERI 1972 ITALY
MORELLI, ANTONIO 1964 ITALY
MORELLI, AVELIA L 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, DOMENICA 1973 ITALY
MORELLI, ELVIRA 1967 ITALY
MORELLI, FRANCESC 1965 ITALY
MORELLI, FRANK 1967 ITALY
MORELLI, GIROLAMO 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, GIUSEPPE 1973 ITALY
MORELLI, GIUSEPPE J 1971 ITALY
MORELLI, GUIDO V 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, HENRY 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, JAMES A 1966 ITALY
MORELLI, MARY P 1960 ITALY
MORELLI, PETER J 1968 ITALY
MORELLI, PETER S 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, ROSA L 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, VIRGINIA 1961 ITALY

is most probable that Antonietta's husband is someone of this Morelli(hoping died in California); well, now could be necessary to know all details on this persons, and to descover if someone is died in Temple city..most probable is the James Morelli that already found here...

so is possible to know almost the probable first name just of Antonietta's husband... I know that is an long search, but is better to search with more detail possible.... and from my experience need to go up head family....

In California obituares are only this record about an Felici born in Italy:

ALTERO W FELICI Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1963 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

Why Antonietta probable already died in California, well are this records about death of Felice/i (on ancestry is easy the mistaken surnames) persons born in Italy:

AGATA FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1965 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

ANTONIO FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1970 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

GAETANO FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1971 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

JOHN FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1965 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997


PETER A FELICE
FILICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1967 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

SALY B FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1968 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

SAVERIA B FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1968 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

TERESA FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1960 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997


some suggestions...?
suanj
bellezza buongiorno,
unfortunately these names don't tell me that much.
(except that James Morelli you also said).
I have a doubt:
what if my nonno doesn't remember well?
If A doesn't stand for Anotnietta/Antonia it might be another name.
or Maria Antonietta, maybe...

t this point, maybe, it would be easier to find this family through antoher way.
What about the office that deals with house properties? or tax?
Beause we're pretty sure they were homeowners at the time.
If the house at Myrtus Ave now belongs to someone else, there must be a recording of the previous owners.
what do you think about it?

I'm stll waiting for somebody to scan my pictures, maybe by seeing them you can notice something I can't.

I guess this is my last chance, then I'll have to give up....
Ciao, Ale :roll:
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

pepita.az wrote:
suanj wrote:Yes I understand... but I searched many time, no found Antonietta Felici on ship's manifest also with many others key search...


Morelli surname, in California's deaths from 1940 to 1997 are this:
name death year birthplace
MORELLI, AGOSTINO 1972 ITALY
MORELLI, ALTIERI 1972 ITALY
MORELLI, ANTONIO 1964 ITALY
MORELLI, AVELIA L 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, DOMENICA 1973 ITALY
MORELLI, ELVIRA 1967 ITALY
MORELLI, FRANCESC 1965 ITALY
MORELLI, FRANK 1967 ITALY
MORELLI, GIROLAMO 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, GIUSEPPE 1973 ITALY
MORELLI, GIUSEPPE J 1971 ITALY
MORELLI, GUIDO V 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, HENRY 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, JAMES A 1966 ITALY
MORELLI, MARY P 1960 ITALY
MORELLI, PETER J 1968 ITALY
MORELLI, PETER S 1962 ITALY
MORELLI, ROSA L 1961 ITALY
MORELLI, VIRGINIA 1961 ITALY

is most probable that Antonietta's husband is someone of this Morelli(hoping died in California); well, now could be necessary to know all details on this persons, and to descover if someone is died in Temple city..most probable is the James Morelli that already found here...

so is possible to know almost the probable first name just of Antonietta's husband... I know that is an long search, but is better to search with more detail possible.... and from my experience need to go up head family....

In California obituares are only this record about an Felici born in Italy:

ALTERO W FELICI Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1963 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

Why Antonietta probable already died in California, well are this records about death of Felice/i (on ancestry is easy the mistaken surnames) persons born in Italy:

AGATA FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1965 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

ANTONIO FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1970 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

GAETANO FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1971 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

JOHN FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1965 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997


PETER A FELICE
FILICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1967 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

SALY B FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1968 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

SAVERIA B FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1968 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997

TERESA FELICE Birth: date - ITALY
Death: dd mm 1960 - location
Source: Birth, Marriage, & Death - California Death Index, 1940-1997


some suggestions...?
suanj
bellezza buongiorno,
unfortunately these names don't tell me that much.
(except that James Morelli you also said).
I have a doubt:
what if my nonno doesn't remember well?
If A doesn't stand for Anotnietta/Antonia it might be another name.
or Maria Antonietta, maybe...

t this point, maybe, it would be easier to find this family through antoher way.
What about the office that deals with house properties? or tax?
Beause we're pretty sure they were homeowners at the time.
If the house at Myrtus Ave now belongs to someone else, there must be a recording of the previous owners.
what do you think about it?

I'm stll waiting for somebody to scan my pictures, maybe by seeing them you can notice something I can't.

I guess this is my last chance, then I'll have to give up....
Ciao, Ale :roll:


P.S.:
Suanj and everybody, hear this:
ROBERT MORELLI
Birth: 12 jun 1913
Death: 15 Aug 1997
Social Security Nbr: 571-01-0635

The fact is that I don't remember where I did find it!
User avatar
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by goldhunter »

Hi Ale,

I called the Rosemead library and the lady said there is no listing for the name Morelli in the 1948 or 1951 Temple City, telephone directories. Also, I called St. Luke's catholic church in Temple City. It is the only catholic church in the area and very close to Myrtus. They are going to research the name Morelli and see if they have any records. I will let you know what they find. If Dario and Jimmy were of draft age during the Vietnam war, they were probably born between 1946 - 1954. Of course they may or may not have lived in Temple City.

Next week I am going to research the archived real estate records, etc. for the house on Myrtus, also birth and death certificates. Will let you know as soon as I can. I already know that the house on Myrtus is a 2 family home and taxes area currently being paid on the property, so there is no reason to send me the pictures.

Best wishes and don't give up hope yet, ... Breno
Post Reply