I have original 1900 marriage certificate of grandparents. will the Los Angeles consulate accept a copy of that if I have a local notary stamp it? will that suffice as a 'certified copy'? Does L.A. consulate require death certificates for my father and GF?
I am trying to see if any other relative has obtained dual citizenship through my GF; a laborious task to try to track theme down. Is there any database to check to see if a relative has used my grandfather? His name is Angelo Acquistapace, son of Antonio and Orsola Acquistapace from Gerola Alta (Sondrio province) in the Valtellina above Lago di Como. Angelo had 6 brothers.
Thanks!
dual citizenship
Re: dual citizenship
When you present your documents to the consulate, I would submit the original marriage license and let them have a look at it and then offer them a copy of it to keep. No need to have the copy notarized.
Hopefully others here can answer your other questions.
Hopefully others here can answer your other questions.
Re: dual citizenship
I am trying to establish a familial connection to the town of Felitto, IT. I have contacted the Italian Consulate here in Baltimore concerning what is necessary to apply for dual citizenship. I have their response, unfortunately, it's on my computer at work. I will forward the message to my home computer and post the reply on Monday.

