I attached the birth certificate info for my grandfather - Domenico Maenza who was born in San Clemente in Caserta on January 14, 1881. I was able to translate most of the certificate part - it looks like the certificate was completed on January 20 - i guess that is normal to do the paperwork a few days after the birth. It says his father was Generoso Maenza - but i have two questions.
1 - I cant seem to find his mothers name - is it the Michele Nero or Nevo that is listed twice i cant tell
2 - I cant translate any of the text on the right hand side of the page under the title Numero except his name and December 22 and 1901 - just curious what it is referring to so far after his birth - could it be marriage info - i know he was married before he married my grandmother - and i know that he came to this county in 1904
Any help would be appreciated - THANX
Help wtih Translation of Birth Certificate
Re: Help wtih Translation of Birth Certificate
Can you leave either a image( you have to use a photo sharing site like postimage.org its free and you dont have to join)or a link back to ancestry.com of the birth record
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help wtih Translation of Birth Certificate
1881 Jan 28th before the city official of Caserta appeared Generoso Maenza age 32 newspaper vendor in a house in San Clemente with his wife Nunziata Negri recognized the birth of a baby boy named Domenico Maenza
Witnesses
Gaetano Avizzano age 24 and Michele Nero
Side note says Married in 1901 Dec 22nd to Concetta L'Braccio??
Marty
Witnesses
Gaetano Avizzano age 24 and Michele Nero
Side note says Married in 1901 Dec 22nd to Concetta L'Braccio??
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help wtih Translation of Birth Certificate
THANK YOU SO MUCH Marty - that filled in a few pieces of info for me - especially my great grandmothers name and my grandfathers first wife. That may help me dig back a little farther.
When I wrote to Caserta for the birth certificate I asked about any marriage documents and they said they did not have any he must have been married in another town - funny they missed it on the same document.
Thanx again
Frank
When I wrote to Caserta for the birth certificate I asked about any marriage documents and they said they did not have any he must have been married in another town - funny they missed it on the same document.
Thanx again
Frank

