Surname- Coladangelo and D'Ascenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Asolano
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 13:02

Re: Surname- Coladangelo and D'Ascenza

Post by Asolano »

Hi. Many, many Bussesi (citizens of Busso) emigrated to England UK after WWII. Most settled in Bedford, Bedfordshire. In Bedford there are a number of Coladangelos, Piccianos, Palmieri. Many became successful businessmen. Probably, the oldest Coladangelo I know owns a business called Autocrash in Bedford. His name is Lorenzo Coladangelo. I had an Uncle called Mario Antonio Coladangelo (deceased) who had a brother called Oreste Coladangelo (also deceased). Bedford, England would be an excellent starting point for researching the Coladangelo family. Please reply to me at cv@dmsitjobs.co.uk
JohnArmellino
Master
Master
Posts: 697
Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: West New York (NJ)
Contact:

Re: Surname- Coladangelo and D'Ascenza

Post by JohnArmellino »

@ Sharon - I just sent you the Charts that I had forgotten about. I'm glad I received a topic notification to remind me!

@ Marcelo - Carmela Palladino, the great-granddaughter of your Giovanni Coladangelo and Lorenza di Niro, married my 2C4R Pasquale di Niro on 19 NOV 1881 in Campobasso. Carmela was the daughter of Concetta Coladangelo (born 10 OCT 1882 in Busso) and Andrea Palladino (born 31 MAY 1828 in CB). Concetta Coladangelo was the daughter of Michele Coladangelo (born circa 1756 in Busso) and Emilia di Pietro (born circa 1782 in Ferrazzano). Michele Coladangelo was the son of Giovanni Coladangelo and Lorenza di Niro.
John Armellino
spybunny1967
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 12 Nov 2011, 19:07

Re: Surname- Coladangelo and D'Ascenza

Post by spybunny1967 »

Thanks so much to both of you.

@ John-
The charts are really fascinating! I'll send you the the info I have from my great grandparents on down. It's kinda confusing (2nd marriages and the blended families), I hope I can have it make sense. Most people on this part of the family tree are in the Cleveland, OH area.

@ Marcelo-
I had no idea that so many residents of Busso emigrated to England. It'll be really interesting to look into that part of the family- thanks for letting me know!

Sharon
johnjohanna08
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 31 Mar 2025, 01:33

Re: Surname- Coladangelo and D'Ascenza

Post by johnjohanna08 »

Hello Everyone,

I know that this post is quite old but this is Sharon's younger brother, John.

My wife and I are hoping to travel to Italy later this year and we're hoping we'll be able to see some of the places where my Grandmother's family is from. My sister is the genealogy expert, she's been doing all of the research.

Any way, if anyone has any suggestions on how to possibly locate some relatives, as distant as they may be, we would really appreciate the help.

I would like to thank you in advance for the help.

Best Regards,
John
Post Reply