Hello all! Like many I'm here because I'm doing research on my family's history.
My great-grandfather was Tony (Antonio) Rezzelle and came from Cortale, Calabria in either 1910 or 1909. I found an Antonio Rizzello from Cortale that came to the US in 1909 on the Konigin Luise by searching EllisIsland.org, but I'm not sure if that's him. In the US he lived in Corry, PA. We aren't sure of the original spelling of the original surname, there are rumors among family members that it was changed.
His wife's name was Jenny Paolello but I'm not sure if they were married when he came over here or not. According to her obituary she lived in a different state than him when she first came over so I'm thinking not.
Any help at all would be very much appreciated.
Rezzelle Family
Re: Rezzelle Family
Hi, surely the arrival that you found is right.
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0429%2ETIF
for the marriage place, maybe your ancestors married in Forest Co, PA
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Antonio Razzllo Name: Antonio Razzllo
County: Forest
State: Pennsylvania
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 13 Jun 1890
Race: Caucasian (White)
FHL Roll Number: 1892165
DraftBoard: 0
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5136/rezzelle.jpg
the surname spelling is RIZZELLO..
regards,
suanj
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0429%2ETIF
for the marriage place, maybe your ancestors married in Forest Co, PA
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Antonio Razzllo Name: Antonio Razzllo
County: Forest
State: Pennsylvania
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 13 Jun 1890
Race: Caucasian (White)
FHL Roll Number: 1892165
DraftBoard: 0
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5136/rezzelle.jpg
the surname spelling is RIZZELLO..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- RoryRezzelle
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 29 Nov 2010, 13:25
Re: Rezzelle Family
Thank you!
It could very well be that they married there since they lived in Corry, PA which is just about an hour from Forest, PA.
Thank you for that link to the Manifest, that pretty much sets that in stone as his birth year was 1890 in Cortale, Calabria, and 19 from 1909 would give you that. Also, getting his father's name of "Pietrantonio" (which I'm guessing was supposed to "Pietro Antonio") helps a bit.
It could very well be that they married there since they lived in Corry, PA which is just about an hour from Forest, PA.
Thank you for that link to the Manifest, that pretty much sets that in stone as his birth year was 1890 in Cortale, Calabria, and 19 from 1909 would give you that. Also, getting his father's name of "Pietrantonio" (which I'm guessing was supposed to "Pietro Antonio") helps a bit.
Re: Rezzelle Family
I was photographing some graves in Corry for findagrave.com and came across your Jennie Rezzelle. Go to findagrave.com and search, you will see the Memorial.
Happy hunting!
Happy hunting!
- RoryRezzelle
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 29 Nov 2010, 13:25
Re: Rezzelle Family
Thank you very much, Cozino!
