Surnames- Ferriola, Torre

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Tammy Ferriola
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jul 2012, 21:15

Surnames- Ferriola, Torre

Post by Tammy Ferriola »

I am doing family history research on my Italian side of my family and need help with finding their ancestors in Italy. My Great grandfather was Antonio Ferriola from San Leucio, Caserta, Campania, Italy, born in 1877. His parents are listed in his obituary as Francesco Ferriola and Shialla Ferriola. My Great Grandmother was Gaetana (Nellie) Torre Ferriola from Salerno Italy, born 1883. Her parents are listed in her Obituary as Joseph Torre and Maria Schivone.

I have been told that Ferriola is not the correct spelling in Italy but was changed after arriving in America. I am currently researching the correct spelling as well.

Any help is immensely appreciated.

Tammy :D
Tammy Ferriola Owens
BiancaW
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 02 Dec 2017, 07:27

Re: Surnames- Ferriola, Torre

Post by BiancaW »

I see that you are linked to the Torre family. My maiden surname is Torre, and I have been trying to further my research. I thought I would share my relation to Torre in case there might be a link: My grandfather was Pietro Giovanni Torre (b. 1943 in Pretoria, Gauteng, SA). My great-grandfather was Philippus Stefanus Torre (b. 1917, I think also in SA), and my great-great-grandfather was Pietro Torra (b. 1871 in Italy). If it wasn't a spelling error, the surname seems to have changed from Torra to Torre.
Post Reply