Anyone have experience with San Paolo di Civitate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Marchese49
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jul 2012, 06:43

Anyone have experience with San Paolo di Civitate

Post by Marchese49 »

I am waiting on my last document from Italy, my grandfathers birth certificate. It is indicated on the ships manifesto that he was born in San Paolo di Civitate, and that is what older family members remember too. On June 16th, 2012 I faxed a request in Italian for a certified copy of his birth certificate. This same procedure worked like a charm for my grandmother, who lived in even a smaller town, as I received a reply in 3 weeks. It is now going on 4 weeks and I have heard nothing from San Paolo. Does anyone have any experience working with this town or does anyone have any connections that I can reach out to to make sure that my request was actually received and the are working on it? Warren
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Anyone have experience with San Paolo di Civitate

Post by Italysearcher »

Officially they have 30 days to reply. (Doesn't mean they will)
Did you ask for a faxed reply or a document mailed? Some towns are funny about faxing records (Patrica FR for one) and want they picked up. Others won't mail unless you have provided a SAE (Amaseno FR). Still others want photo ID to send photo copies.
The law here is equal for eveyone but open to individual interpretation! Especially where privacy laws are concerned and BMD records.
If you don't get a reply by 6 weeks (giving time for mailing after 30 days) then write again, this time by snail mail, enclosing an addressed envelope and some photo ID.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Marchese49
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jul 2012, 06:43

Re: Anyone have experience with San Paolo di Civitate

Post by Marchese49 »

Thank you Italysearcher for your reply. In my request I supplied my home address, email address and fax number. I faxed my request on June 16, then regular mailed the same request on June 23, then re-faxed the same request on July 29. My only regret is that I did not include a SAE with my regular mail request but I was not sure how to do that with Italian postage? I also have a friend who went to medical school in Italy who is calling some friends to see if they can find out some information for me. Thanks for sharing what you know.
Post Reply