Hi suanj -
Thank you very much for all of the information. Can you explain to me a little more about the information you provided about Mary's death in January of 1931? You indicated the information was "by genealogic tree on ancestry.com". Is there any information about who owns the data for that tree? If it is possible, I'd like to try to contact whoever it is to see if there is additional information.
Thank you so much!
Joe
Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Hi Joe,
the genealogic tree is "corrado Family Tree" owner "rosemarywelsh2"
abt Mary:
Mary Ryan
Birth abt 1872 in New York
Death january 1931 in Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey, USA
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/27535131 ... 5009491881
I believe (...)that Mabel Cosgrove married at
Lawrence Mullins;
Lawrence Mullins 1910:
1900 United States Federal Census about Lawrence Mullins
Name: Lawrence Mullins
Age: 6
Birth Date: Feb 1894
Birthplace: New Jersey
Home in 1900: Hoboken Ward 4, Hudson, New Jersey
[Hudson]
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Son
Marital Status: Single
Father's Name: James Mullins
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's Name: Margeret Mullins
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
James Mullins 41
Margeret Mullins 37
Anthony Mullins 17
Kate Mullins 13
James Mullins 12
Maggie Mullins 10
Lawrence Mullins 6
Ella Mullins 2
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Lawrence Mullins
Name: Lawrence Mullins
City: Hoboken
County: Hudson
State: New Jersey
Birthplace: New Jersey,United States of America
Birth Date: 1 May 1894
FHL Roll Number: 1712108
Draft Board: 1
1920 United States Federal Census about Larry Mullins
Name: Larry Mullins
[Lang Mullins]
Age: 25
Birth Year: abt 1895
Birthplace: New Jersey
Home in 1920: Hoboken Ward 4, Hudson, New Jersey
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Marital Status: Single
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Oscar Wenk 42
Harry Laurence 21
Larry Mullins 25
James Curtin 24
in 1940 census:
1940 United States Federal Census about Lorray Mullins
Name: Lorray Mullins
Age: 47
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
Gender: Male
Race: White
Birthplace: New Jersey
Marital Status: Widowed
Relation to Head of House: Brother-in-law
Home in 1940: Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey
View Map
Street: Ferry Street
House Number: 610
Inferred Residence in 1935: Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey
Residence in 1935: Same Place
Sheet Number: 5A
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Jacob Smith 52
Margaret Smith 50
Charles Smith 20
Lawrence Smith 18
Thomas Smith 14
Matilda Smith 12
Catharine Oconnor 26 niece
John Mullins 17 nephew
Margaret Mullins 16 niece
Lorray Mullins 47 brother in law
Lawrence's sister:
Margaret/Maggie was married at Jacob Smith;
Lawrence/Lorray Mullins lived with the brother in law and had 2 children: Margaret and John Mullins ( b. 1923)..
NAME:
John J. Mullins
BIRTH:
4 Mar 1923
DEATH:
1 May 2003 - Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey, United States of America
CIVIL:
New Jersey
obit:
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/jjmullins.htm
Margaret Mullins Roselli:
NAME:
Margaret Roselli
BIRTH:
23 Jan 1924
RESIDENCE:
1935-1993 - Hoboken, NJ
married at Joseph Roselli...
maybe helpful,
suanj
the genealogic tree is "corrado Family Tree" owner "rosemarywelsh2"
abt Mary:
Mary Ryan
Birth abt 1872 in New York
Death january 1931 in Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey, USA
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/27535131 ... 5009491881
I believe (...)that Mabel Cosgrove married at
Lawrence Mullins;
Lawrence Mullins 1910:
1900 United States Federal Census about Lawrence Mullins
Name: Lawrence Mullins
Age: 6
Birth Date: Feb 1894
Birthplace: New Jersey
Home in 1900: Hoboken Ward 4, Hudson, New Jersey
[Hudson]
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Son
Marital Status: Single
Father's Name: James Mullins
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's Name: Margeret Mullins
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
James Mullins 41
Margeret Mullins 37
Anthony Mullins 17
Kate Mullins 13
James Mullins 12
Maggie Mullins 10
Lawrence Mullins 6
Ella Mullins 2
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Lawrence Mullins
Name: Lawrence Mullins
City: Hoboken
County: Hudson
State: New Jersey
Birthplace: New Jersey,United States of America
Birth Date: 1 May 1894
FHL Roll Number: 1712108
Draft Board: 1
1920 United States Federal Census about Larry Mullins
Name: Larry Mullins
[Lang Mullins]
Age: 25
Birth Year: abt 1895
Birthplace: New Jersey
Home in 1920: Hoboken Ward 4, Hudson, New Jersey
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Marital Status: Single
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Oscar Wenk 42
Harry Laurence 21
Larry Mullins 25
James Curtin 24
in 1940 census:
1940 United States Federal Census about Lorray Mullins
Name: Lorray Mullins
Age: 47
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
Gender: Male
Race: White
Birthplace: New Jersey
Marital Status: Widowed
Relation to Head of House: Brother-in-law
Home in 1940: Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey
View Map
Street: Ferry Street
House Number: 610
Inferred Residence in 1935: Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey
Residence in 1935: Same Place
Sheet Number: 5A
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Jacob Smith 52
Margaret Smith 50
Charles Smith 20
Lawrence Smith 18
Thomas Smith 14
Matilda Smith 12
Catharine Oconnor 26 niece
John Mullins 17 nephew
Margaret Mullins 16 niece
Lorray Mullins 47 brother in law
Lawrence's sister:
Margaret/Maggie was married at Jacob Smith;
Lawrence/Lorray Mullins lived with the brother in law and had 2 children: Margaret and John Mullins ( b. 1923)..
NAME:
John J. Mullins
BIRTH:
4 Mar 1923
DEATH:
1 May 2003 - Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey, United States of America
CIVIL:
New Jersey
obit:
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/jjmullins.htm
Margaret Mullins Roselli:
NAME:
Margaret Roselli
BIRTH:
23 Jan 1924
RESIDENCE:
1935-1993 - Hoboken, NJ
married at Joseph Roselli...
maybe helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Joe, maybe Mary Ryan Cosgrove died no in jan 1931.. I believe that also Mary was in Hospital For Mental Diseases of Secaucus, Hudson, New Jersey; I am positive that her son George Cosgrove (Thomas brother) was here in 1930 and 1940 censuses..
also I know ( by internet) that also her daughter Nora Cosgrove had mental illness... the destiny of Mabel/Mary Cosgrove married at Lawrence Mullins is unknown but it is possible that also Mary was in this Hospital.. I no searched abt that.. I found George Cosgrove in 1930 census and 1940 census in Hospital For Mental Diseases-Secaucus, Hudson, New Jersey
and I found this burial record abt a william Cosgrove in Snake Hill cemetery Secaucus, Hudson, New Jersey :
Surname Given Name Ledger Page Burial Date Where Died Lot Gender Age Remarks
http://www.graveinfo.com/nj/secaucus/hc ... tframe.htm
Cosgrove William 2 370 "December 29, 1938" Asylum 6122 male n/a Top
just a suggestion...
suanj
also I know ( by internet) that also her daughter Nora Cosgrove had mental illness... the destiny of Mabel/Mary Cosgrove married at Lawrence Mullins is unknown but it is possible that also Mary was in this Hospital.. I no searched abt that.. I found George Cosgrove in 1930 census and 1940 census in Hospital For Mental Diseases-Secaucus, Hudson, New Jersey
and I found this burial record abt a william Cosgrove in Snake Hill cemetery Secaucus, Hudson, New Jersey :
Surname Given Name Ledger Page Burial Date Where Died Lot Gender Age Remarks
http://www.graveinfo.com/nj/secaucus/hc ... tframe.htm
Cosgrove William 2 370 "December 29, 1938" Asylum 6122 male n/a Top
just a suggestion...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Hi suanj -
You have provided so much information, it's very much appreciated. I tried clicking on the link for the tree information about Mary Ryan, but was not able to see anything. I don't have an Ancestry.com account, I only have access to the 1940 census since they allowed free searching of it.
The birth year (abt. 1872) certainly seems to be in agreement with what I have on record for Mary Ryan, so I would really like to try to contact the owner of the tree you reference, but I'm not sure how to do that. Is there an email address or anything like that I can use, or do I need to sign up for Ancestry.com to try to make contact?
Again, I appreciate very much all of the information you have provided. Thank you so very much.
Joe
You have provided so much information, it's very much appreciated. I tried clicking on the link for the tree information about Mary Ryan, but was not able to see anything. I don't have an Ancestry.com account, I only have access to the 1940 census since they allowed free searching of it.
The birth year (abt. 1872) certainly seems to be in agreement with what I have on record for Mary Ryan, so I would really like to try to contact the owner of the tree you reference, but I'm not sure how to do that. Is there an email address or anything like that I can use, or do I need to sign up for Ancestry.com to try to make contact?
Again, I appreciate very much all of the information you have provided. Thank you so very much.
Joe
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Hi Joe,
abt the genealogic tree is "corrado Family Tree" owner "rosemarywelsh2" I believe that is no helpful contact it, because the infos are just abt 1910 census... and it is no email address of rosemarywelsh2 ....
also abt Mary Ryan Cosgrove I know not if the death date is ok, because I cannot find Mary on 1930 Hoboken census...
regards,
suanj
abt the genealogic tree is "corrado Family Tree" owner "rosemarywelsh2" I believe that is no helpful contact it, because the infos are just abt 1910 census... and it is no email address of rosemarywelsh2 ....
also abt Mary Ryan Cosgrove I know not if the death date is ok, because I cannot find Mary on 1930 Hoboken census...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Hi suanj -
Thanks again. I appreciate all your help!
Joe
Thanks again. I appreciate all your help!
Joe
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Hi suanj -
I found my great grandfather's (Robert Carson) WWI registration card, dated Sept. 12, 1918. On it, it says he was living at 92 Garden Street, Hoboken, Hudson County, New Jersey. I'm hopeful that he may still have been living there for the 1920 census, but so far have not been able to find him or the address. Would you be able to check the address for me on the 1920 census? I have not been able to figure out how to search for an address. His age on the WWI registration card is shown as 34, born Jan. 29, 1884.
Thanks again for all your help.
Joe
I found my great grandfather's (Robert Carson) WWI registration card, dated Sept. 12, 1918. On it, it says he was living at 92 Garden Street, Hoboken, Hudson County, New Jersey. I'm hopeful that he may still have been living there for the 1920 census, but so far have not been able to find him or the address. Would you be able to check the address for me on the 1920 census? I have not been able to figure out how to search for an address. His age on the WWI registration card is shown as 34, born Jan. 29, 1884.
Thanks again for all your help.
Joe
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
hi,
in 1920 at 92 Garden st Hoboken, Hudson, NJ lived just a Joseph Carson (??), boarder
1920 United States Federal Census
about Joseph Canon
Name: Joseph Canon
[Joseph Conron]
[Joseph Evenson]
Age: 29
Birth Year: abt 1891
Birthplace: New Jersey
Home in 1920: Hoboken Ward 1, Hudson, New Jersey
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Marital Status: Single
Father's Birthplace: New Jersey
Mother's Birthplace: New Jersey
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
John Molia 30
Elizabeth Molia 32
Edward Molia 10
Josephine Molia 1
[1 1/12]
Robert Hurle 30
Joseph Canon 29
John Davis 35
New Jersey > Hudson > Hoboken Ward 1 > District 67 > 21
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... rd+1.67.21

suanj
in 1920 at 92 Garden st Hoboken, Hudson, NJ lived just a Joseph Carson (??), boarder
1920 United States Federal Census
about Joseph Canon
Name: Joseph Canon
[Joseph Conron]
[Joseph Evenson]
Age: 29
Birth Year: abt 1891
Birthplace: New Jersey
Home in 1920: Hoboken Ward 1, Hudson, New Jersey
Race: White
Gender: Male
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Marital Status: Single
Father's Birthplace: New Jersey
Mother's Birthplace: New Jersey
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
John Molia 30
Elizabeth Molia 32
Edward Molia 10
Josephine Molia 1
[1 1/12]
Robert Hurle 30
Joseph Canon 29
John Davis 35
New Jersey > Hudson > Hoboken Ward 1 > District 67 > 21
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... rd+1.67.21

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Hi suanj -
Thanks for the information for 92 Garden Street on the 1920 census. It's ironic, because Robert Carson's WWI registration card shows a Joseph Carson as his nearest relative, and it shows the address for Joseph as 129 Hudson Street, Hoboken, NJ. I was able to find a 1920 census for Joseph Carson living at that address, so I don't think the Joseph Canon at 92 Garden Street was any relation.
Any ideas on how I can find out additional information about Robert Carson. According to his WWI registration card, he was born Jan. 29, 1884. According to the 1930 census you provided me, he was born in New Jersey and both his parents were born in England.
As always, I appreciate your help.
Thanks -
Joe
Thanks for the information for 92 Garden Street on the 1920 census. It's ironic, because Robert Carson's WWI registration card shows a Joseph Carson as his nearest relative, and it shows the address for Joseph as 129 Hudson Street, Hoboken, NJ. I was able to find a 1920 census for Joseph Carson living at that address, so I don't think the Joseph Canon at 92 Garden Street was any relation.
Any ideas on how I can find out additional information about Robert Carson. According to his WWI registration card, he was born Jan. 29, 1884. According to the 1930 census you provided me, he was born in New Jersey and both his parents were born in England.
As always, I appreciate your help.
Thanks -
Joe
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
sorry Joe, I cannot find Robert in 1920 census..
You know the parent's names of Robert??
I found just a Robert Carson born in same birth date, but in Indiana and not in NJ:
Indiana Births, 1880-1920 about Carson
Name: Carson
Father: William
Mother: Mary E. Peek
County: Johnson
Gender: Male
Birth Date: 29 Jan 1884
Reference: Johnson County, Indiana
Index to Birth Records
1882 - 1920 Inclusive
Volume I
Letters A - Mac Inclusive
Book: H-2
Page: 1
so he cannot be your ancestor...
regards,
suanj
You know the parent's names of Robert??
I found just a Robert Carson born in same birth date, but in Indiana and not in NJ:
Indiana Births, 1880-1920 about Carson
Name: Carson
Father: William
Mother: Mary E. Peek
County: Johnson
Gender: Male
Birth Date: 29 Jan 1884
Reference: Johnson County, Indiana
Index to Birth Records
1882 - 1920 Inclusive
Volume I
Letters A - Mac Inclusive
Book: H-2
Page: 1
so he cannot be your ancestor...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Looking for my grandparents 1940 census
Thanks suanj. I appreciate all your help.
Joe
Joe

