Scarpitti family from Carovilli
-
jldennistx
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 22:22
Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Hello, my name is Lynn Scarpetti Dennis. My Great Grandfather was Antonio(Tony) Donato Scarpitti. He was born on in Carovilli, Italy on July 17, 1886. He arrived in the USA on December 2, 1902 and went directly to Krebs, OK. He married Mary Marino and had 6 children, Josephine-1907, Angelo-1909, Pauline-1913, Michael-1914, John-1915, Carlo-1918(my grandfather), and Katherine “Kay”-1923. They then moved to the Chicago area Sometime between 1921-1930. He eventually moved to California and lived with my grandfather Carlo until his death in 1966.
What I and trying to learn is if he Antonio(Tony) had any brothers or sisters, or who his parents are. I have used Ancestry.com and have gone as far as I can and I keep getting stuck with no matches.
We are actually planning a trip to Carovilli, with My father Robert Scarpetti, (Carlo Son) in September. I wanted to surprise him with the family history and have as much information as we can. Since my grandfather and all his siblings have passed away, no one else has any information on the history of the family.
I am interested in any information you can provide, or if there is someone I can contact for help as we will be in Carovilli on Tuesday September 11. Maybe we can set up an appointment with the church or town hall to look for some information. I hope you can help!
Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Lynn Dennis
PS. Somewhere down the line our name changed from Scarpitti to Scarpetti
What I and trying to learn is if he Antonio(Tony) had any brothers or sisters, or who his parents are. I have used Ancestry.com and have gone as far as I can and I keep getting stuck with no matches.
We are actually planning a trip to Carovilli, with My father Robert Scarpetti, (Carlo Son) in September. I wanted to surprise him with the family history and have as much information as we can. Since my grandfather and all his siblings have passed away, no one else has any information on the history of the family.
I am interested in any information you can provide, or if there is someone I can contact for help as we will be in Carovilli on Tuesday September 11. Maybe we can set up an appointment with the church or town hall to look for some information. I hope you can help!
Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Lynn Dennis
PS. Somewhere down the line our name changed from Scarpitti to Scarpetti
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Maybe you could write to one or more of the SCARPITTI listed in the Italian Phone Book in CAROVILLI, (Province Isernia)
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... i+%28IS%29
Help writing to "potential" relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
T.
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... i+%28IS%29
Help writing to "potential" relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
T.
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
What I would have did is gotten the Registri dello stato civile di Carovilli (Campobasso), 1809-1899 Births, deaths, marriages, banns, marriage documents, miscellaneous documents, citizenship records on film from Family History Library and gotten my information here first to make things easier.
There is alot of info on those films thats available right here in the USA
Family History Library Locator:
https://familysearch.org/locations
Ordering films from FHL:
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center
About Italian records:
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records
Translating and reading italian records:
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22
Films of Carovilli (Campobasso), 1809-1899
https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fh ... +Carovilli++
Marty
There is alot of info on those films thats available right here in the USA
Family History Library Locator:
https://familysearch.org/locations
Ordering films from FHL:
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center
About Italian records:
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records
Translating and reading italian records:
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22
Films of Carovilli (Campobasso), 1809-1899
https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fh ... +Carovilli++
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Great suggestion, Marty!
And if you need help translating, you can post the images here at the forum...
T.
And if you need help translating, you can post the images here at the forum...
T.
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
You can also contact suanj she knows the Molise area she might be able to help you with info of Carovilli area.
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
jldennistx
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 22:22
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Thank you all soo much for the responses. I will look through all the websites you provided to see if I can come up with something. I am new at this and did not know where to start. You gave me some great feedback to continue my search.
Thanks again,
Lynn
Thanks again,
Lynn
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
my dad is from Roccasicura, the next town over from Carovilli. I just got back from a 2 week stay there had I read your message earlier I would have done some research for you (alas there was no internet in the town !!!). Anyways I know that in la Rocca there is a bar with the name Scarpitti, perhaps when you're in the area you can check it out!
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Hi,
I happen to have a few Carovilli records microfilms checked out to my local family research center. I was looking at the 1871 Nati records today and noticed some Scarpitti names in the index. Let me know if you want shots of of the full records and I'll take a photo next weekend.
Here is the index:
http://www.theyteach.me/1871_nati_index.jpg
Thanks,
Jeff
I happen to have a few Carovilli records microfilms checked out to my local family research center. I was looking at the 1871 Nati records today and noticed some Scarpitti names in the index. Let me know if you want shots of of the full records and I'll take a photo next weekend.
Here is the index:
http://www.theyteach.me/1871_nati_index.jpg
Thanks,
Jeff
-
jldennistx
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 22:22
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Jeff:
That would be awesome. Thank you! He was born in 1886 but maybe some of the names will lead me to some further information.
Thank you so much.
Lynn
That would be awesome. Thank you! He was born in 1886 but maybe some of the names will lead me to some further information.
Thank you so much.
Lynn
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Hi Lynn,
I found the birth record for Antonio Donato Scarpitti.
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_ ... _index.png
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_scarpitti_p1.png
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_scarpitti_p2.png
This is from the Carovilli records collection imaged by the LDS. I hope this helps for your trip coming up very soon!
Thanks,
Jeff
I found the birth record for Antonio Donato Scarpitti.
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_ ... _index.png
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_scarpitti_p1.png
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_scarpitti_p2.png
This is from the Carovilli records collection imaged by the LDS. I hope this helps for your trip coming up very soon!
Thanks,
Jeff
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Prego Jeff!!jeffsf wrote:Hi Lynn,
I found the birth record for Antonio Donato Scarpitti.
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_ ... _index.png
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_scarpitti_p1.png
http://www.theyteach.me/antonio_donato_scarpitti_p2.png
This is from the Carovilli records collection imaged by the LDS. I hope this helps for your trip coming up very soon!
Thanks,
Jeff
1886 July 17th in the town of Carovilli at house at #29 Corso Orientale birth of Donato Antonio Scarpitti son of Michele Scarpitti age 42 and Maria Conti age 26 daughter of Antonio Conti
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
jldennistx
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 22:22
Re: Scarpitti family from Carovilli
Jeff:
I am in tears reading this . . . Thank you so much, you have made this trip even more special. Thank you for contacting me as well. Perfect timing as we leave tomorrow. I have been so busy getting things together I missed checking back in the forum. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Words can not express my feelings. Carovilli, here we come!
I owe you one!
Thanks again,
Lynn
I am in tears reading this . . . Thank you so much, you have made this trip even more special. Thank you for contacting me as well. Perfect timing as we leave tomorrow. I have been so busy getting things together I missed checking back in the forum. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Words can not express my feelings. Carovilli, here we come!
I owe you one!
Thanks again,
Lynn
