Hello,
I am very new to Italian Genealogy, and am very unfamiliar with Italian place names. I have a marriage license from 1899 from the State of Maine in the US which states that the groom's birthplace was "S Angslongrotte Italy." Does anyone know where this could be? Does S usually stand for San or Sud or something else? I have been unable to find anything close searching the internet.
Thank you,
Susan
S Angslongrotte Italy
Re: S Angslongrotte Italy
Hey Susan,
Welcome to the Forum!
Valarie
best guess:
SANT'ANGELO IN GROTTE
Sant'Angelo in Grotte is a village belonging to
the comune (municipality) of Santa Maria del Molise
in the province of Isernia (was Campobasso province),
in the Molise region
http://www.tuttitalia.it/molise/78-sant ... el-molise/
Welcome to the Forum!
Valarie
best guess:
SANT'ANGELO IN GROTTE
Sant'Angelo in Grotte is a village belonging to
the comune (municipality) of Santa Maria del Molise
in the province of Isernia (was Campobasso province),
in the Molise region
http://www.tuttitalia.it/molise/78-sant ... el-molise/

