Hello all, I found this 1850 death record and there are a couple words I need a double check on:
Is her mother's name Porfia Ciarletta? Thought that was a bit odd of a name, though she was born in 1764 so her mother's name would have been something from the early 1700s.
It says 'nata in abbano di anni 86', is abbano a place or what does it mean?
Link to image: http://i.imgur.com/gvRas.jpg
Thank you very much for any help,
- Will
Need to check my translation on this death record
- willperone
- Rookie

- Posts: 77
- Joined: 15 Jun 2009, 07:51
- Location: San Francisco area
- Contact:
Re: Need to check my translation on this death record
1850 Jan 23rd in Castelmezzano death of Antonia Carbone age 86 born in Albano residing in Castelmezzano daughter of Francesco Carbone and ????
Ciarletta
Maybe another set of eyes on mothers first name would help
Marty
Ciarletta
Maybe another set of eyes on mothers first name would help
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need to check my translation on this death record
willperone wrote:Hello all, I found this 1850 death record and there are a couple words I need a double check on:
Is her mother's name Porfia Ciarletta? Thought that was a bit odd of a name, though she was born in 1764 so her mother's name would have been something from the early 1700s.
It says 'nata in abbano di anni 86', is abbano a place or what does it mean?
Link to image: http://i.imgur.com/gvRas.jpg
Thank you very much for any help,
- Will
Here are some things I can decipher quickly-
First name is Porsia-I agree with Marty, surname is Ciarletta
after nata it says in Albano (I believe that is referring to Albano di Lucania, Potenza Province, Basilicata region)-also says living in Castelmezzano (that would also be in Potenza Province, Basilicata region)
Sorry, Marty, I think we hit the submit button simultaneously
- willperone
- Rookie

- Posts: 77
- Joined: 15 Jun 2009, 07:51
- Location: San Francisco area
- Contact:
Re: Need to check my translation on this death record
Thanks so much, this would make sense. My Volini family (Antonia's husband) has been in Castelmezzano for a long time, and Albano di Lucania is not far from there. Fascinating!
Re: Need to check my translation on this death record
You're very welcome. Happy to help.
