obtaining birth certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
suzanne61
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Sep 2012, 21:42

obtaining birth certificates

Post by suzanne61 »

I have the names and birthdates of both my grandfather and grandmother who were born in Sulmona. I have emailed the records office in Sulmona requesting the procedure and cost of obtaining their birth certificates. I have yet to hear back after three weeks. Am I being too impatient? I would appreciate any suggestions. (I am tempted to go to one of the many websites and pay their exorbitant fee for getting those documents for me.)
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: obtaining birth certificates

Post by adelfio »

Can you show the email you sent for the records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suzanne61
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Sep 2012, 21:42

Re: obtaining birth certificates

Post by suzanne61 »

Ummm...I could if I knew how. I'm afraid I'm not very tech savvy.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: obtaining birth certificates

Post by Italysearcher »

Forget email, write them a letter in Italian enclosing photo ID and an addressed envelope. Allow 6 weeks.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Post Reply