-Carina
Forge, Italy?
Forge, Italy?
The information I have for my great grandfather Rocco Marzuillo says he's from Forge, Italy but I can't seem to find it. Growing up we were told he was from Rome. Any information would be helpful and very much appreciated, thanks 
-Carina
-Carina
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Forge, Italy?
There is no town called Forge in Italy.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Forge, Italy?
Hi,Sequiss wrote:The information I have for my great grandfather Rocco Marzuillo says he's from Forge, Italy but I can't seem to find it. Growing up we were told he was from Rome. Any information would be helpful and very much appreciated, thanks
-Carina
I believe that Forge is Foggia( town and province); I found this arrival:
First Name: Rocco
Last Name: Marsuello ( Marzuello)
Ethnicity:
Last Place of Residence: Orsara Pa ( Orsara di Puglia, Foggia province)
Date of Arrival: May 06, 1906
Age at Arrival: 22y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: IL Piemonte
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0010
by ellisisland.org.
By ancestry.com same record:
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Rocco Marznello
Name: Rocco Marznello (?)
Arrival Date: 6 May 1906
Birth Date: abt 1884
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Napoli
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: IL Piemonte
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=Vi ... 4010166274
It could be your ancestor arrival?
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Forge, Italy?
Sorry, I should have mentioned that the papers say he arrived in 1904. But it makes sense that he would leave out of Naples (unless they all left from there?) because we were also always told that my great grandmother was from Naples and she came over with him, they apparently met on the boat. Part of our problem is that there doesn't seem to be a clear spelling of the last name. We've found at least 5 different ways on documents that they signed themselves.
Marsvillo
Marswillo << this is the one my Grandma used
marzuillo
marzillo
Marsviello
Marsvillo
Marswillo << this is the one my Grandma used
marzuillo
marzillo
Marsviello
Re: Forge, Italy?
I'll have to go back and find the paper now. It might have been there naturalization papers filled out some years later so maybe they got the year wrong. IDK.
Re: Forge, Italy?
Hi,
the record that I found of Rocco Marzuello coming from Orsara di Puglia,
well I found the him brother arrival and the surname is spelled: MARSOVILLO..
on other records abt other peoples coming from Orsara di Puglia also, the surname is spelled: MARZOVILLO..
just a suggestion,
regards,
suanj
the record that I found of Rocco Marzuello coming from Orsara di Puglia,
well I found the him brother arrival and the surname is spelled: MARSOVILLO..
on other records abt other peoples coming from Orsara di Puglia also, the surname is spelled: MARZOVILLO..
just a suggestion,
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

