bonifaccio
bonifaccio
i am trying to trace my great grandad. i have very little information other than that he was in nortumberland england during ww1 and he had a daughter here. he was possibly an airman and his surname was bonifaccio or similar. I would like to hear from anyone who recognises this story or surname. x
Re: bonifaccio
julie,
do you know his and/or his daughter's first name? birth place?
donna
do you know his and/or his daughter's first name? birth place?
donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
Re: bonifaccio
related topic
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ml#p184686
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ml#p184686
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- jamiecapaldi
- Master

- Posts: 691
- Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
- Location: Bristol, England, UK
Re: bonifaccio
Hello,
I think the spelling you are looking for may be Boniface.
There was a John Frank Boniface who married a Frances Josephine Blackett in Newcastle in 1906.
But i believe you may be looking for an Albert E Boniface who married Florence Walker in Newcastle 1913. He was in the Military and they had children in the Newcastle area around the 1st world war period.
I believe Florence remarried in 1948 to Arthur John Egdell.
If this seems familiar, please let me know and i will forward on 1911 military record for Albert.
Only thing is, he was born in Woolwich, so maybe his ancestors were from Italy?
The surname comes from Saracena, Cosenza, Calabria part of Italy.
Regards Jamie
I think the spelling you are looking for may be Boniface.
There was a John Frank Boniface who married a Frances Josephine Blackett in Newcastle in 1906.
But i believe you may be looking for an Albert E Boniface who married Florence Walker in Newcastle 1913. He was in the Military and they had children in the Newcastle area around the 1st world war period.
I believe Florence remarried in 1948 to Arthur John Egdell.
If this seems familiar, please let me know and i will forward on 1911 military record for Albert.
Only thing is, he was born in Woolwich, so maybe his ancestors were from Italy?
The surname comes from Saracena, Cosenza, Calabria part of Italy.
Regards Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
- jamiecapaldi
- Master

- Posts: 691
- Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
- Location: Bristol, England, UK
Re: bonifaccio
Here is Albert Boniface, line 22. (Military, 1911) Attached!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Re: bonifaccio
Sorry for very late reply I didn't get any email notification that I had had any replies to my post. THank you for helping but I have found out some more information since posting this first message. It seems that the story I was given was somewhat confused. My father born in 1949 in Northumberland was adopted as a baby he was named boniface [surname ]. It has been rumoured that his father was the Italian possibly an airman who was still around after the Second World War and possibly working on a farm. I have found his birth registration and it states his mothers maiden name to be 'Barclay'. I am trying to get further information that might back up the 'rumours' and I hope to get to the truth someday. I hope somebody can help. X
Re: bonifaccio
Julie in the first post you said that Boniface had a daughter .. now you say that your father was born in 1949.. but Boniface had a daughter or a son? or both?
I found:
NAME: Barbara A Boniface
MOTHER: Barclay
BIRTH: Mar 1947 - Northumberland North Second, Yorkshire North Riding
More: Boniface was a italian POW during WWII or he was a british subject?
If your Boniface was a Italian POW you can write to
ICRC - Geneva (INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE OF THE RED CROSS) for records of individual prisoners of war or civilian internees:
Archives division and research service
International Committee of the Red Cross
19 Avenue de la Paix
Geneva CH-1202
Switzerland
On the website:
http://www.icrc.org/eng/who-we-are/contacts/index.jsp
You can explain us better?
the email address also...
regards,
suanj
I found:
NAME: Barbara A Boniface
MOTHER: Barclay
BIRTH: Mar 1947 - Northumberland North Second, Yorkshire North Riding
More: Boniface was a italian POW during WWII or he was a british subject?
If your Boniface was a Italian POW you can write to
ICRC - Geneva (INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE OF THE RED CROSS) for records of individual prisoners of war or civilian internees:
Archives division and research service
International Committee of the Red Cross
19 Avenue de la Paix
Geneva CH-1202
Switzerland
On the website:
http://www.icrc.org/eng/who-we-are/contacts/index.jsp
You can explain us better?
the email address also...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: bonifaccio
THank you for reply. Yes boniface had a daughter and a son (my father born 1949) Ernest a boniface. I am not sure who boniface is and this is what I am trying to find out. My father was adopted at a very early age and the subject is out of bounds hence I am piecing everything together myself using the little information I have been given. All I know is the rumour that boniface was an Italian pow working on a farm, it would explain a few things but I do need to find the truth. What should I do next? X
Re: bonifaccio
Also when I discovered the record for Ernest a boniface it appears the spelling of Barclay for the mothers maiden name was incorrect and spelt as Barkley in the record.

