Vagli Sotto
Vagli Sotto
I am looking for the names of the people who lost there homes in the villiage of Vagli Sotto. My grandmother was one of those but I do not have the address of where she lived.
Re: Vagli Sotto
Hello and welcome 
Here is the link to Vagli Sotto. You will find the address and phone # for the city hall. I do not see an email address...
That may be the place to make your inquiry.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/046/031/
T.
Here is the link to Vagli Sotto. You will find the address and phone # for the city hall. I do not see an email address...
That may be the place to make your inquiry.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/046/031/
T.
Re: Vagli Sotto
Thanks for the info. I will try it out. Sonson
Re: Vagli Sotto
Ciao sonson, you are looking for the people who lost their home in Fabbriche di Careggine, not in Vagli Sotto.
Fabbriche di Careggine was a little village whose inhabitants were obliged to leave it in the '50 of the last century as it was decided to create a dike there. It was at that time that was create Vagli Sotto lake. Fabbriche di Careggine was near Vagli Sotto, but the municipality was Careggine.
The people who lived there emigrated from Fabbriche di Careggine who is now known as the ghost village who reapper every 10 years when the lake needs to be cleaned. ( sorry for my english ).
Your grang mother, Lucrezia Fazzani was born in Roggio, a little village near Vagli Sotto.
Fabbriche di Careggine was a little village whose inhabitants were obliged to leave it in the '50 of the last century as it was decided to create a dike there. It was at that time that was create Vagli Sotto lake. Fabbriche di Careggine was near Vagli Sotto, but the municipality was Careggine.
The people who lived there emigrated from Fabbriche di Careggine who is now known as the ghost village who reapper every 10 years when the lake needs to be cleaned. ( sorry for my english ).
Your grang mother, Lucrezia Fazzani was born in Roggio, a little village near Vagli Sotto.
Re: Vagli Sotto
Many families left when Fabbriche di Careggine (Vagli Sotto) was flooded. I know some went to Argentina (not sure who) and a few families eventually ended up in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada. There was hard rock gold mining that seemed to be the reason some of the town's men first went there. I do not have all the names of these men or the families that eventually followed but here are some: Franceschi, Franchi, Bertolini, Fortini, Baisi. I am sure there are more. I am researching these names and would love any help.
Re: Vagli Sotto
Hi clfrance,
you can search the civil registrations for Vagli di Sotto on the free site Familysearch.org:
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043811
Laura
you can search the civil registrations for Vagli di Sotto on the free site Familysearch.org:
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043811
Laura
Re: Vagli Sotto
Birth record of Lucrezia Fazzani INDEX#101
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :n40822013
Marty
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :n40822013
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

