I have uncovered some very interesting documents and facts for my paternal tree but I would really love to search and see if there might be any photographs of my relatives who lived in Italy.
I do not have any immediate relatives alive there, but was wondering if it's been anyone's experience that say.... a town hall, or town library just might have photographs of some of the townspeople from the mid to late 1800's? I also thought perhaps school records around the turn of the century?
Another resource I thought I might tap are real estate records... this is a very small town perhaps I could even find out where the house was in 1901? (I do have the street)
Can someone please suggest some resources to whom I might write, and also a suggestion for a form letter?
Many thanks
Carla
Spezzano Piccolo Cosenza: where would I write for..
Re: Spezzano Piccolo Cosenza: where would I write for..
I am interested in that info too. My family line is from that town. The Spina and Busciglia families.
Re: Spezzano Piccolo Cosenza: where would I write for..
I am already familiar with the portale degli italiani site, it gives birth records from 1800-1900. I have one question for anyone also familiar with this site; I am trying to find the exact birth dates for my great-grandparents, I have already accesssed my grandfather's birth records, but it does not list the birthdates of his parents. Since there are other people with the same names born within a year or two of each other, do you know any other way I can do this? If I order my grandfather's birth record from the commune, will it have the same info that I see online or will it be more detailed? If I do request the info from the commune, do I need to send it in Italian and does anyone know the procedure and how much it costs? Thank you, Patricia
Re: Spezzano Piccolo Cosenza: where would I write for..
Check this post out for the info you seek read all the responces
PG LINK
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic28114.html
Marty
PG LINK
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic28114.html
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty


