RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
I'm currently researching the surname "RINAUDO". I'm looking for information on a Giuseppe Rinaudo born sometime between 1838 - 1839 and died bet. 1898 and 1904. He married Giovanna Piraro who was born bet. 1841 - 1845. Both were born in the town of Cefalu'. They had seven children, four of the seven came to the United States through the port of New Orleans and New York. If anyone could tell me the name of the cementary that is located their that would be helpful also.
If anyone has any information I would love to hear from you. I've been trying to translate documents but don't speak a work of Italian. (I wish I could though...)
Thanks a bunch!
If anyone has any information I would love to hear from you. I've been trying to translate documents but don't speak a work of Italian. (I wish I could though...)
Thanks a bunch!
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
I have a Rinaudo although it could be Rinaldo -- I'm not sure -- all in Cefalu. Andrea Piraro married to Vincenza Rinauldo (or Rinaldo) before 1811. They were my 3 Greats Grandparents. Their daughter was Innocenzia Maria Piraro. She married Guiseppe Nicolo Marsiglia about 22 Jan 1831.
I have not done any etensive study of the Rinaudo family since I've only recently found the name in my ancestry. Also, since the connection is so far back, I'm going to have to check death records to make any kind of connection.
Good luck.
I have not done any etensive study of the Rinaudo family since I've only recently found the name in my ancestry. Also, since the connection is so far back, I'm going to have to check death records to make any kind of connection.
Good luck.
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
I've been frustrated also trying to find Rinaudos. Here's my family:
Matteo Rinaudo m. Serafina Culotta
(their children):
Rosaria Rinaudo, b. 1859
Francesco (Frank) Rinaudo, 2/13/1856--9/30/1917 (m.Mariana Sansone)
Salvatore, b. 1865
Supposedly, they were all from Cefalú. I imagine their were more children, but haven't found them.
You may want to check: http://www.cefalutanasociety.com/
Be sure to click on the genealogy part, which features many Rinaudos.
Good luck, Dot
Matteo Rinaudo m. Serafina Culotta
(their children):
Rosaria Rinaudo, b. 1859
Francesco (Frank) Rinaudo, 2/13/1856--9/30/1917 (m.Mariana Sansone)
Salvatore, b. 1865
Supposedly, they were all from Cefalú. I imagine their were more children, but haven't found them.
You may want to check: http://www.cefalutanasociety.com/
Be sure to click on the genealogy part, which features many Rinaudos.
Good luck, Dot
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hi Dorothy,
Found this manifest... Francesco is on his way to Colorado... could he be the one?
First Name: Fsco.
Last Name: Rinando
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence: Cefalu
Date of Arrival: May 12, 1893
Age at Arrival:  36y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:   ÂÂ
Ship of Travel: Plata
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0548
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1347/rinando7bm.jpg
mfjp
Found this manifest... Francesco is on his way to Colorado... could he be the one?
First Name: Fsco.
Last Name: Rinando
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence: Cefalu
Date of Arrival: May 12, 1893
Age at Arrival:  36y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:   ÂÂ
Ship of Travel: Plata
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0548
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1347/rinando7bm.jpg
mfjp
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hi Dorothy again...
Lots of Rinaldo... Rinaudo, Rinando variations... not sure if this is the person you are also looking for... but the year of birth seems to match...
First Name: Salvatore... a fisherman, also going to Colorado...
Last Name: Rinando
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence: Cefalu
Date of Arrival: June 12, 1893
Age at Arrival:  29y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:   ÂÂ
Ship of Travel: Britannia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0532
This is also an Ellis Island mis-link...
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/7278/salvat9co.jpg
-------------------------------
Found a Rosalia not a Rosaria as you mentioned... year of birth is close too
First Name: Rosalia
Last Name: Rinando
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian (South)
Last Place of Residence: Cefalu, Sicily
Date of Arrival: September 03, 1909
Age at Arrival:  49    Gender:  F    Marital Status:  M ÂÂ
Ship of Travel: Calabria
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0003
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 1668020153&
mfjp
Lots of Rinaldo... Rinaudo, Rinando variations... not sure if this is the person you are also looking for... but the year of birth seems to match...
First Name: Salvatore... a fisherman, also going to Colorado...
Last Name: Rinando
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence: Cefalu
Date of Arrival: June 12, 1893
Age at Arrival:  29y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:   ÂÂ
Ship of Travel: Britannia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0532
This is also an Ellis Island mis-link...
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/7278/salvat9co.jpg
-------------------------------
Found a Rosalia not a Rosaria as you mentioned... year of birth is close too
First Name: Rosalia
Last Name: Rinando
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian (South)
Last Place of Residence: Cefalu, Sicily
Date of Arrival: September 03, 1909
Age at Arrival:  49    Gender:  F    Marital Status:  M ÂÂ
Ship of Travel: Calabria
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0003
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 1668020153&
mfjp
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu
Dear a252kam,
You may want to list the 4 who made it to the USA... did their parents immigrate as well...??
mfjp
You may want to list the 4 who made it to the USA... did their parents immigrate as well...??
mfjp
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hi RINAUDO and PIRARO are just spelling of Cefalù town, and in particular, the Rinaudo most diffused in Cefalù.. as mistaken version(Rinando mistaken) of Rinaudo are( why we know not the first name I copied all records):a252kam wrote:I'm currently researching the surname "RINAUDO". I'm looking for information on a Giuseppe Rinaudo born sometime between 1838 - 1839 and died bet. 1898 and 1904. He married Giovanna Piraro who was born bet. 1841 - 1845. Both were born in the town of Cefalu'. They had seven children, four of the seven came to the United States through the port of New Orleans and New York. If anyone could tell me the name of the cementary that is located their that would be helpful also.
If anyone has any information I would love to hear from you. I've been trying to translate documents but don't speak a work of Italian. (I wish I could though...)
Thanks a bunch!
Cognome
RINANDO
Nome
PIETRO
EtÃÂ
22
Sesso
M
Professione
CULTIVATOR
Istruzione
U
Luogo di origine
U
Destinazione
NEW-YORK
Visto
Emigrante
Classe
Ponte
Porto d'imbarco
HAVRE
Nave
ST.GERMAIN
Data d'arrivo
4/21/1886
-----------------------
Cognome
RINANDO
Nome
PTO.
EtÃÂ
26
Sesso
M
Professione
LABORER
Istruzione
U
Luogo di origine
SICILIA
Destinazione
USA
Visto
Emigrante
Classe
Cabina
Porto d'imbarco
NAPLES
Nave
BOLIVIA
Data d'arrivo
4/3/1888
--------------------------
Cognome
RINANDO
Nome
SALVATORE
EtÃÂ
31
Sesso
M
Professione
LABORER
Istruzione
U
Luogo di origine
SICILIA
Destinazione
USA
Visto
Emigrante
Classe
Cabina
Porto d'imbarco
NAPLES
Nave
BOLIVIA
Data d'arrivo
4/3/1888
---------------------------------
also are an young Rosario Rinaudo age 17, son of Salvatore, joining Salvatore Giardina uncle in Baltimora NY
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0620%2ETIF
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Dear Master mfjp --
WOW! I am bowled over -- THANK YOU!
The age is right, w/in one year. And, for that matter, the 1900 census gives his birth year as 1857, not '56.
You may have cleared up a big mystery:
my mother says she remembers hearing something as a child about "Colorado" or "Coronado". I have searched in vain for ships of that name, but your manifest makes the clue make sense, particularly in light of Salvatore having the same destination.
My mother says "they went back & forth" (from Sicily to US). On the 1900 census my g-grndfthr claimed he arrived in 1897 -- but that would not negate his also having arrived in '93.
Again, I can't thank you enough, Dot
WOW! I am bowled over -- THANK YOU!
The age is right, w/in one year. And, for that matter, the 1900 census gives his birth year as 1857, not '56.
You may have cleared up a big mystery:
my mother says she remembers hearing something as a child about "Colorado" or "Coronado". I have searched in vain for ships of that name, but your manifest makes the clue make sense, particularly in light of Salvatore having the same destination.
My mother says "they went back & forth" (from Sicily to US). On the 1900 census my g-grndfthr claimed he arrived in 1897 -- but that would not negate his also having arrived in '93.
Again, I can't thank you enough, Dot
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Just curious... where did he end up in 1900?
Also, here's a great immigration info site (data only - no viewable manifests) that have better name transcriptions...
http://www.castlegarden.org/
I find that the search results here.... help me look for records
at this www.ellisisland.org site...
Francesco Rinando Fisherman age 36 M arrived 1893-05-12 Italy ship Plata
Franco. Rinando Laborer 43 M 1900-02-05 Italy Patria
Franco. Rinando Laborer 45 M 1897-04-28 Italy Victoria
maria
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hello Maria --
Thanks for the urls. So far, I've had no luck w/Castle Garden, but it's probably because I don't know how to allow for variables when searching.
Francesco Rinaudo wound up in New Roads, Louisiana. I have no idea what happened to his siblings, but now have faith that I may find out, thanks to people like you.
Best, Dot
Thanks for the urls. So far, I've had no luck w/Castle Garden, but it's probably because I don't know how to allow for variables when searching.
Francesco Rinaudo wound up in New Roads, Louisiana. I have no idea what happened to his siblings, but now have faith that I may find out, thanks to people like you.
Best, Dot
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hi Dot,Dorothy wrote:Hello Maria --
Thanks for the urls. So far, I've had no luck w/Castle Garden, but it's probably because I don't know how to allow for variables when searching.
Francesco Rinaudo wound up in New Roads, Louisiana. I have no idea what happened to his siblings, but now have faith that I may find out, thanks to people like you.
Best, Dot
This could be your Francesco living in Louisiana in 1920. Also, with him is his brother, Joseph (Giuseppe). Here is the information and I know someone on here will post the census for me.
Name: Frank Rinaudo
Age: 43 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1877
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Plaquemine, Iberville, Louisiana
Roll: T625_614
Page: 5A
ED: 59
Image: 207
Here is a list of Rinaudo coming to the USA through Louisiana Port.
Name Arrival Date Age / Gender / Marital Status Native Country/Town Destination Ship
Vincenzo Rinaudo, 10 nov 1908, 63/M/M, Palermo, New Orleans, La. , Guilia
Biagia Rinaudo, 14 may 1909, 19/F/S, Cefalu, Sicily, New Orleans, La., Liguria
Elizabetta Rinaudo, 14 may 1909, 16/F/S, Cefalu, Sicily , New Orleans, La., Liguria
Antonina Rinaudo, 14 may 1909, 26/M/M, Cefalu, Sicily, New Orleans, La. , Liguria
Antonino Rinaudo, 30 Oct, 1909, 31/M/M, Indianola MS., Indianola MS. , SS. Liguria
Domenico Rinaudo ,30 Oct, 1909, 29/M/M , Sicily, Cefalu , Plaquemines LA, SS. Liguria
This is marriage information from Louisiana
Name: Rosario Rinaudo
Spouse: Paola Abbate
Age: 35
Age: 22
Gender: M
Marriage Date: 02 Jun 1883
Volume: 10
Page: 16
Name: Rosario Liberto
Spouse: Angela Rinaudo
Gender: M
Marriage Date: 09 Feb 1899
Volume: 21
Page: 235
Name: Pasquale Danna
Spouse: Salvatora Rinaudo
Gender: M
Marriage Date: 30 Jul 1900
Volume: 22
Page: 359
Name: Angelo Sanzone
Spouse: Anna Rinaudo
Age: 30
Age: 20
Gender: M
Marriage Date: 25 Sep 1904
Volume: 26
Page: 184
Name: Salvatore Rinaudo
Spouse: Lena Pumilia
Age: 24
Age: 19
Gender: M
Marriage Date: 19 Mar 1908
Volume: 30
Page: 34
Death Information for Louisiana
Name, Death Date, Age, Parish
Francesco Rinaudo, 30 Sep 1917, 62 years, Pte. Coupee
Joseph Rinaudo, 20 Dec 1922, 27 years, Caddo
Sam Rinaudo, 21 Oct 1918, 27 year,s E. Feliciana
Charlie Rinaudo, 17 Feb 1933, 29 Years, E. Baton Rouge
Angeline Rinaudo, 26 Dec 1940, 19 Years, Caddo
Dominic Rinaudo, 04 Feb 1942, 61 Years, Rapides
Congetta Rinaudo, 22 Jun 1946, 93 Years, Caddo
Marie C Rinaudo ,06 Aug 1947, 58 Years, Iberville
I hope some of this is of some help to you.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hi Trish ("Witch Eyes" in Spanish? What's that about? Love it!) --
Boy, you did a bunch of work! Thank you!
That is not my Francesco, as mine died in 1917. (He's the 1st person in the death listings.) What is intriguing are deaths # 3 & 4, because of the location. My part of the family is from Point Coupee, West Feliciana, and East Baton Rouge. Hmmmm.
Little by little I'm finding cousins through the internet, so every bit of the information you gave me is potential gold.
Best, Dot
Boy, you did a bunch of work! Thank you!
That is not my Francesco, as mine died in 1917. (He's the 1st person in the death listings.) What is intriguing are deaths # 3 & 4, because of the location. My part of the family is from Point Coupee, West Feliciana, and East Baton Rouge. Hmmmm.
Little by little I'm finding cousins through the internet, so every bit of the information you gave me is potential gold.
Best, Dot
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hi Trish, Dot...
Who knows, this could be a cousin?
1920 census
http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9026/image16fo1.jpg
mfjp
Who knows, this could be a cousin?
1920 census
http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9026/image16fo1.jpg
mfjp
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Thank you Maria for posting the census.mfjp wrote:Hi Trish, Dot...
Who knows, this could be a cousin?
1920 census
http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9026/image16fo1.jpg
mfjp
And like you stated, all those people could be relatives. The best is the Louisiana Ship's list which actual states some of them came from Cefalu.
Plus Dot, I hope you know the Family History Center has microfilm for the town of Cefalu. You can order and rent the film for about $3.50 a roll. Here are the film numbers.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50
Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Maria, thanks so much. I would love to know who those people are. Am sure I'll find out one day. The "Mary - wife" in the census is probably the
"Marie C. Rinaudo" who died in August of 1947 in Trish's list, above.
A question: what is imageshack? It's wonderful! The image comes up quickly, is very readable, and easy to move back and forth.
Thanks again, Dot
"Marie C. Rinaudo" who died in August of 1947 in Trish's list, above.
A question: what is imageshack? It's wonderful! The image comes up quickly, is very readable, and easy to move back and forth.
Thanks again, Dot


