Looking for any information on the Autuori and Galdi families from Salerno, Italy.
My great-great grandfather Fortunato Autuori was born on June 10, 1882. He married a Giuseppina (Josephine) Galdi on May 7, 1905. My great-great grandmother Josephine Galdi was born on November 22, 1883. They had their first of 7 children, Enrico (Henry) Autuori (my great-grandfather), on July 19, 1906 in Italy (Salerno I assume). The other 6 were born in America in the Bronx, New York. I believe the three of them, or at least Josephine and my great-grandfather Henry, came to the United States on April 5, 1910. All of this information I got from Josephine's 1938 American naturalization petition and the 1940 census.
I'm trying to find any relatives in Italy or any siblings/relatives of Fortunato and Josephine who came to the United States. Is there anyway to access Italian census or registration records for Salerno? If anyone here has or is able to find any information on them it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Autuori and Galdi Family from Salerno, Italy
Re: Autuori and Galdi Family from Salerno, Italy
Located a manifest (SS America, April 5, 1910, NY) for the arrival of Giuseppina/Josephine Galdi and TWO of her children: Enrico, age 4; and Prudenza, age 11 months. The children are listed under her name - Galdi. They are all going to husband/father Fortunato Autuori at 3046 3rd Ave., NYC.pelican95 wrote:Looking for any information on the Autuori and Galdi families from Salerno, Italy.
My great-great grandfather Fortunato Autuori was born on June 10, 1882. He married a Giuseppina (Josephine) Galdi on May 7, 1905. My great-great grandmother Josephine Galdi was born on November 22, 1883. They had their first of 7 children, Enrico (Henry) Autuori (my great-grandfather), on July 19, 1906 in Italy (Salerno I assume). The other 6 were born in America in the Bronx, New York. I believe the three of them, or at least Josephine and my great-grandfather Henry, came to the United States on April 5, 1910. All of this information I got from Josephine's 1938 American naturalization petition and the 1940 census.
I'm trying to find any relatives in Italy or any siblings/relatives of Fortunato and Josephine who came to the United States. Is there anyway to access Italian census or registration records for Salerno? If anyone here has or is able to find any information on them it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Giuseppina is leaving her father Gaetano in "Sordino", and lists her place of birth as "Sordino"
There is a frazione [hamlet] of comune of Salerno named SORDINA
T.

