RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Dorothy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Mexico

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Post by Dorothy »

Hello Trish --
You're right about the La. Ships' list. I've scrolled through it till I'm bleary-eyed.
Thank you for providing those film numbers. I don't live in the States, but in Oaxaca, Mexico. I've phoned the Family History Center here, & apparently I can order the film from this center.
Serendipity is a great thing! Since I starting posting on this Forum, I have been put in touch with two of Salvatore Rinaudo's grandchildren.
Thanks to you and to Maria, I'm confident we'll be able to fill in lots of gaps.
Take care, Dot
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Post by mfjp »

Hi Dot, Thank you :!:

ImageShack

http://www.imageshack.us/

Image types allowed (no more than 1024k file size) jpeg, jpg, gif, tif, tiff, swf...

After you host it... go to the "direct image" link which gives you an URL... copy and paste that into your forum message / email etc... and now you have created a "link"...

Also, works really well with Safari...

Also, some good tips from Trish,

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

mfjp :P
User avatar
Dorothy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Mexico

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Post by Dorothy »

Oooh, Maria -- that's great!
My computer is going to the plastic surgery hospital tomorrow. Can't wait to get it back & start using all these great new tools.
Trish's tips should be required reading for all us neophytes.
Thanks so much,
Dot
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Post by brujaojos »

Dorothy wrote:Oooh, Maria -- that's great!
My computer is going to the plastic surgery hospital tomorrow. Can't wait to get it back & start using all these great new tools.
Trish's tips should be required reading for all us neophytes.
Thanks so much,
Dot
Thank you Dot, I appreciate the compliment. :D I also volunteer at Family History Center, so I know the ropes. Plus on this website, it's a "Group Effort". We all try to help. We were all beginners at one time.:)

Keep us posted as to how you make out with the film. Remember it's in Italian. A good book is "A Genealogist's Guide to Discovering your Italian Ancestors", by Lynn Nelson.

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Post by mfjp »

Here's a census record of interest :!:

June 1900

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8511 ... 9004hw.gif

Rosa Rinaudo born 1860 - widow, Louisiana

mfjp
User avatar
Dorothy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Mexico

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu

Post by Dorothy »

mfjp wrote:Here's a census record of interest !

June 1900

http//img245.imageshack.us/img245/8511/rosarinaudo19004hw.gif

Rosa Rinaudo born 1860 - widow, Louisiana

mfjp
Dear Maria -- Please forgive me for this horribly overdue thank you for the extremely interesting census page.
When Katrina hit, I became so involved in searching for friends & family in New Orleans, that I really neglected everything else. Then, as stuff got put on the back burner, I spaced it out. Well, I know this is too little, too late, but I am so grateful for your continuing generous help.
Since I've not been following up any genealogical leads, at the moment I don't know who Rosa Rinaudo was. My g-grndfthr Francesco had a sister named Rosaria or Rosalia who was born in 1859. Would love to find out if this Rosa is the same person. Will let you know what I find.
Again, thank you so much, and please accept my sincere apologies.
Dot
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Post by mfjp »

Dot wrote:
I became so involved in searching for friends & family in New Orleans, that I really neglected everything else
Hi Dot, no need to say sorry here... hope your friends and family in New Orleans are ok... and the countless of others. I wrote to a couple of other people we were helping (from NO) and one returned a reply, the other didn't... and then you begin to wonder...

I think the storm hit about the same time I posted the census record of Rosa Rinaudo. By the way, a person who is forum shy -sent me that record... I certainly don't mind posting them, but certainly don't want credit for someone else's great finds... but it's nice to know they care.

This is the 1900 census record you wrote about earlier on... thought I’d park it here for sake keeping... How’s your computer now?? I almost lost all my info from my computer in June... and had to re-create a whole new “wutchmacallitâ€Â
User avatar
Dorothy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Mexico

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu

Post by Dorothy »

Dear Maria -- Thanks for your understanding & concern. All of the people about whom I was concerned have been located, including Mr. Sal Serio of the Cefalutana Society.
Odd about people who don't care for forums. I know a few who are brilliant at research, but won't forum. Whatever, please pass on my gratitude to your shy & generous friend.
Computer is okay now (knock wood, as always). Great idea about backing up on DVD.
Because of all the work done by you & Trish, plus being put in touch with grndchldrn of my g-grndfthr's brother, I'm much further along. Below please find a mini-tree on my family, which may help someone else make a link, or prompt them to help me fill in gaps. Note how the name "Matteo" got mutated in the US. Sorry about the squished g-g grandparents, that was the only way they'd fit.
Again, please know how much I appreciate all you've done for me.
Sincerely, Dot
------------------------------------
SalvatoreSANSONEm.AnnunciaGELPI/MatteoRINAUDOm.SerafinaCULOTTA
} }
Mariana Sansone m. Francesco (Frank) Rinaudo
b.1865 d.7/30/48 } b. 2/13/1856 d.9/30/1917 }
(their children:)
Serafina Martin Sam Consetta Mary Joe
--------------------------------------
Children of Matteo Rinaudo & Serafina Culotta:
Francesco (1856); Rosaria [or Rosalia] (1859); Salvatore (1865); Filipo; Vincenzo; Rosario [unsure of name]; Serafina.
All of the brothers except for Salvatore* came to the United Status. Whether or not the sisters immigrated is unknown. Possible clue:
census record -- June 1900
img245.imageshack.us/i...9004hw.gif
Rosa Rinaudo born 1860 - widow, Louisiana
*Got info. that Salvatore never came to US from his grandchildren -- but they say their info. is not 1st-hand. Thus, the Salvatore previously cited in this forum who was on his way to Colorado could be brother of my great- grandfather Francesco.
-------------------------------
For the record, Consetta "Tina" Rinaudo (1899-1994) was my maternal grandmother. She married Jimmie D'Aquila (1892-1971) in 1921.
User avatar
gerald325i
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 30 Sep 2007, 00:00
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Post by gerald325i »

Hi, I am also researching a Rinaudo from Cefalu. Her name appears in some documents as Santa Rinaudo and also as Salvatora Rinaudo. So she was most likely Santa Salvatora Rinaudo.

She was born in Cefalu around the year 1810 and married Stefano Giovanni Cimino in 1836. In 1846 they had one daughter: Filomena Angela Cimino.

I am looking for Santa Salvatora Rinaudo's parents and extended family, as well as other children they might have had.

Gerald, from Albuquerque, NM
JCRinaudo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Jun 2016, 22:14

Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'

Post by JCRinaudo »

I believe "Joseph Rinaudo, 20 Dec 1922, 27 years, Caddo" is my GGF.
Post Reply