Hello,
I'm looking for information or how I could finding information on my great great grandparents: Nicola Infantino and Maria Giuseppa Mobilia. I know that they were married on Oct 8 1871 in Spinoso from documents I found on familysearch.org. I know much of what became of their children after arriving in America but am having trouble finding anything about what may have happened to them. Any advice?
Matt
Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Matthew Toth
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Hello Matt 
If they did not also immigrate, you can check familysearch for the death records, though the records for Spinoso online only go up to 1910...
You can also write directly to the Comune of Spinoso to request their death records, but if they lived a long life and died after about 1930, you may not be able to get the records due to privacy laws... But it is worth a try.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Petrocelli, 1
85039 Spinoso (PZ)
ITALY
Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
T.
If they did not also immigrate, you can check familysearch for the death records, though the records for Spinoso online only go up to 1910...
You can also write directly to the Comune of Spinoso to request their death records, but if they lived a long life and died after about 1930, you may not be able to get the records due to privacy laws... But it is worth a try.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Petrocelli, 1
85039 Spinoso (PZ)
ITALY
Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
T.
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Tessa,
Thank you very much! This is great information. If I wanted records of my great great grandparents birth or who there parents were would the death record have that info?
Matt
Thank you very much! This is great information. If I wanted records of my great great grandparents birth or who there parents were would the death record have that info?
Matt
Matthew Toth
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
There are record on film at your local family history library of Spinoso If you go by their marriage act Nicola was born abt 1833 and Maria was born abt 1842mtoth1982 wrote:Tessa,
Thank you very much! This is great information. If I wanted records of my great great grandparents birth or who there parents were would the death record have that info?
Matt
Films of Spinoso from FHL
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Nicola Infantino death #60:
Nicola Infantino 72 old, mason, born and resident in Spinoso, son of late Saverio and of late Anna Cifone, husband of Maria Giuseppa Mobilia, died in Spinoso on 25 oct 1905

http://s24.postimg.org/iy2bj9ocl/Potenz ... ords18.jpg
suanj
Nicola Infantino 72 old, mason, born and resident in Spinoso, son of late Saverio and of late Anna Cifone, husband of Maria Giuseppa Mobilia, died in Spinoso on 25 oct 1905

http://s24.postimg.org/iy2bj9ocl/Potenz ... ords18.jpg
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Maria Giuseppa Mobilia death #9:
Maria Giuseppa Mobilia, 79 old, born and resident in Spinoso, daughter of late Domenico Mobilia and of late Lucrezia Dagosto, widow of Nicola Infantino, died in Spinoso on 25 Feb 1916

http://s12.postimg.org/3n9m205q5/Potenz ... ords18.jpg
suanj
Maria Giuseppa Mobilia, 79 old, born and resident in Spinoso, daughter of late Domenico Mobilia and of late Lucrezia Dagosto, widow of Nicola Infantino, died in Spinoso on 25 Feb 1916

http://s12.postimg.org/3n9m205q5/Potenz ... ords18.jpg
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Suanj,
Thank you very much for the help! These two translations and documents filled in alot of missing information!
Matt
Thank you very much for the help! These two translations and documents filled in alot of missing information!
Matt
Matthew Toth
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Marty,
Thanks you for your help also. I've been searching the registration since you recommended them and have found alot!
Matt
Thanks you for your help also. I've been searching the registration since you recommended them and have found alot!
Matt
Matthew Toth
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
did they have a son named Giuseppe Infantino?
Re: Infantino and Mobilia from Spinoso
Infant58,
I'm not sure. What I can tell you is that Nicola and Maria had at least two children: Domenico Infantino (my great grandfather) and Saverio Infantino (my great grand uncle. I had always heard they had a third brother that went to Argentina but I know little about him. My grandfather's name was Joseph or Giuseppe Infantino. I'm from Trenton,NJ. Let me know if I can help you
Matt
I'm not sure. What I can tell you is that Nicola and Maria had at least two children: Domenico Infantino (my great grandfather) and Saverio Infantino (my great grand uncle. I had always heard they had a third brother that went to Argentina but I know little about him. My grandfather's name was Joseph or Giuseppe Infantino. I'm from Trenton,NJ. Let me know if I can help you
Matt
Matthew Toth



