I am looking for some info on my family. They lived in Cacammo, Sicily. I know that they came into the Us in 1904. I have the 1910 census that showed they settled in Jefferson County, Texas....with the last naem Male. Their surname in Sicily was spelled Meli. Now, the surname is Malley. I am trying to find which port they came into. I am not for sure if they came in through New Orleans, or another port. I tried Ellisisland.org and can't get any info out of that. If someone else knows of other websites, please, let me know! thank!
Hi, have a question
Hi, have a question
Hi, my name is Jennifer, I am pretty new at all the genealogy stuff. So, if I ask questions that are pretty dumb, pelase bare with me.
I am looking for some info on my family. They lived in Cacammo, Sicily. I know that they came into the Us in 1904. I have the 1910 census that showed they settled in Jefferson County, Texas....with the last naem Male. Their surname in Sicily was spelled Meli. Now, the surname is Malley. I am trying to find which port they came into. I am not for sure if they came in through New Orleans, or another port. I tried Ellisisland.org and can't get any info out of that. If someone else knows of other websites, please, let me know! thank!
I am looking for some info on my family. They lived in Cacammo, Sicily. I know that they came into the Us in 1904. I have the 1910 census that showed they settled in Jefferson County, Texas....with the last naem Male. Their surname in Sicily was spelled Meli. Now, the surname is Malley. I am trying to find which port they came into. I am not for sure if they came in through New Orleans, or another port. I tried Ellisisland.org and can't get any info out of that. If someone else knows of other websites, please, let me know! thank!
Jennifer Robinson
Great Great Granddaughter of:
Joseph and Josephine Malley(Meli)
Palermo, Sicily
Immigrated in 1904
Great Great Granddaughter of:
Joseph and Josephine Malley(Meli)
Palermo, Sicily
Immigrated in 1904
Re: Hi, have a question
Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for telling us where you have looked and providing information. It helps.
Ancestry.com has an immigration collection that you can check. (My subscription just expired, so I can't check for you.)
I think you mean the town is Caccamo in the province of Palermo.
Thank you for telling us where you have looked and providing information. It helps.
Ancestry.com has an immigration collection that you can check. (My subscription just expired, so I can't check for you.)
I think you mean the town is Caccamo in the province of Palermo.
Re: Hi, have a question
Hi Jennifer,
Please only post your question in one place. Makes it very hard to follow the topic and help you. Plese do not post here. See this link below:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=3510
Please only post your question in one place. Makes it very hard to follow the topic and help you. Plese do not post here. See this link below:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=3510
Re: Hi, have a question
Perhaps these will help.......
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/passengers.html
http://www.altreitalie.org/
http://immigrants.byu.edu/DesktopDefaul ... =0&tabid=1
http://www.castlegarden.org/
wldspirit
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/passengers.html
http://www.altreitalie.org/
http://immigrants.byu.edu/DesktopDefaul ... =0&tabid=1
http://www.castlegarden.org/
wldspirit


