I appreciate any guesses.
Thanks,
Donna





you're not kidding....My eyes are crossed from staring at the word for so long.
Donna: Domestico and Servitore are same word, and they have same meaning, so was an servitore(servant)...!DonnaPellegrin wrote:Thank you suanj and Maria. My eyes are crossed from staring at the word for so long.
The first letter looks very similar to the "S" in Sindaco and Settembre. I have been wondering if the word could possibly be Servitore.
Maria, I have seen the atto di solenne promessa. No profession is listed. I might be able to go back to the film and find the atto di matrimonio. Good suggestion.
Three things I know about Giuseppe Bartolo.
1. He was born in Monteleone.
2. From 1861-1862 he worked for the Sindaco in Caccuri. His signature is on every birth, marriage and death document from 1861-1862. He could definately read and write.
3. His atto di morte listed his profession as "domestico" in 1882.
Very strange indeed.
