Piedimonte di Cassino
Piedimonte di Cassino
Does anyone know when the town of Piedimonte di Cassino last existed? Was it absorbed by the growing city of Cassino, or abandoned or bombed?
Re: Piedimonte di Cassino
Hi.. it could be Piedimonte San Germano, just 8 km (circa) far from Cassino
https://maps.google.it/maps?q=piedimont ... =0CKwBELYD
suanj
https://maps.google.it/maps?q=piedimont ... =0CKwBELYD
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Piedimonte di Cassino
It could be but his birth certificate said Piedimonti di Cassino. There are several Piedimontes in the area. Do you know what Piedimonti means? A small town near a large town? Small town near the base of a mountain?
Re: Piedimonte di Cassino
the old name of Cassino was San Germano; so Piedimonte di (of) Cassino is Piedimonte San Germano
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Piedimonte di Cassino
Thank you. I wish I had known that last week when I was visiting the area.

