Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.
Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.
My family and I are planning a trip to Italy next summer. We are hoping to be able to connect with our Italian family that may still be living in Pistoia. I have been researching the Borsi family for a while now and I only have limited information. My GGrandfather was Lionello Borsi, born to Giuseppe Borsi in 1902 in Pistoia. I am assuming that Giuseppe was also born in Pistoia (in 1869) since his brother Rinaldo Borsi was born there as well. I recently learned of a third brother Augusto, also from Pistoia. While my grandfather and his uncle Rinaldo did travel to and eventually settle in the US with there families, I know that Lionello had a least a sister who did not travel here. Also, the rest of the family I have no information for. Giuseppe, Rinaldo, and Augusto are the sons of Pietro and Amabile Borsi. If anyone can please help me, I would be so very appreciative!!! Thank you. 
Re: Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.
You could look through the death records for Pietro Borsi on familysearch.org for Pistoia after 1912 cause the shipmanifest says Giuseppe lefts his father Pietro in 1912 in Pistoia or
IF your sure Pietro Borsi (abt 1845) was born in Pistoia here are online records they are in a index registry one page monthly
One page shows NAME/FATHER/ MOTHER/ DATE OF BIRTH/ BAPTISM DATE AND CHURCH/Town these records go from Jan 1st to Dec 31st per year so you have to go through pages to find your family info if you don't know the birth date
PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... i+Pistoia/
Marty
IF your sure Pietro Borsi (abt 1845) was born in Pistoia here are online records they are in a index registry one page monthly
One page shows NAME/FATHER/ MOTHER/ DATE OF BIRTH/ BAPTISM DATE AND CHURCH/Town these records go from Jan 1st to Dec 31st per year so you have to go through pages to find your family info if you don't know the birth date
PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... i+Pistoia/
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.
Marty,
Thank you for the reply. I have looked through some of the records, and am having trouble finding what I am looking for; but I will continue to search through them. Thank you!
Thank you for the reply. I have looked through some of the records, and am having trouble finding what I am looking for; but I will continue to search through them. Thank you!
Re: Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.
There are currently 26 listings of the surname BORSI in the Italian Phone book in Pistoiamladaf2 wrote:Marty,
Thank you for the reply. I have looked through some of the records, and am having trouble finding what I am looking for; but I will continue to search through them. Thank you!
http://www.paginebianche.it/persone?qs=borsi&dv=Pistoia
You may wish to write to one or more of these "potential" relatives and inquire about the family...
Help with letters in Italian:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
T.
Re: Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.
Thanks T!

