I am helping a friend find out her maternal ancestry and where they come from in Italy.
We would like to know the specific little town they came from. Actually we want to know where the both of the parents came from and if some of their children were born in Italy as well.
Any information would be appreciated.
Here is what we know.
Antonio Ginocchio
died. 19 July 1932 in Concord, Contra Costa, California
He was married to
Marcellina Peluma
died 19 Dec 1948 in Concord ContraCosta, California
Thank you,
Trevisan2
Antonio Ginocchio and Marcellina Peluma
- trevisan2
- Master

- Posts: 639
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
- Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
- Contact:
Antonio Ginocchio and Marcellina Peluma
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Re: Antonio Ginocchio and Marcellina Peluma
I found two censuse for (I think) this couple.
This (1930) is available on Ancestry.com, but I have no access to it:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XCXG-Y9S
and this is for 1940:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1795257339
Till now, I could not find ship manifests for Antonio.
According to 1930 census, he immigrated in 1871; but I also found this, that matches his age:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KD4D-NRT
This (1930) is available on Ancestry.com, but I have no access to it:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XCXG-Y9S
and this is for 1940:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1795257339
Till now, I could not find ship manifests for Antonio.
According to 1930 census, he immigrated in 1871; but I also found this, that matches his age:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KD4D-NRT
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
- trevisan2
- Master

- Posts: 639
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
- Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
- Contact:
Re: Antonio Ginocchio and Marcellina Peluma
Thank you so much, the links help.
Have you tried www.mundia.com its a free sister company of Ancestry?
Trevisan2
Have you tried www.mundia.com its a free sister company of Ancestry?
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO