Scanza/Scola marriage certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
kscanza
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 18:48
Location: Nebraska

Scanza/Scola marriage certificate

Post by kscanza »

Hi - I am having a really difficult time reading this marriage certificate...I do not read Italian and the handwriting is very difficult to read. I can figure some things out but was wondering specifically about the grooms name. I believe that this is Michele Scanza (my 2x great grandfather) but it looks like there is another name after Scanza?? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. :D
Attachments
marriage cert caterina scola michael scanza pg 1.png
User avatar
dmt1955
Master
Master
Posts: 1363
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:12
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Scanza/Scola marriage certificate

Post by dmt1955 »

I, too, am having a hard time reading this. but I think it says 'celibe' after the name, meaning, unmarried.

donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
kscanza
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 18:48
Location: Nebraska

Re: Scanza/Scola marriage certificate

Post by kscanza »

Thank you :)
Post Reply