Campobasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
audralibertucci
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jan 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by audralibertucci »

Oh, Gosh no! The quote I typed was from MY dad (he sent me an e-mail and I copied and pasted it) It was HIS dad Arthur that was born in 1906. My dad is in his late 50s. So, Luigi was my ggf, Arthur Joseph Libertucci Sr. was my gf and Arthur Joseph Libertucci Jr. is my dad.
Audra Wallace Libertucci
JohnArmellino
Master
Master
Posts: 697
Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: West New York (NJ)
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by JohnArmellino »

Thank you for clearing that up. Lets hope we make a connection.
John Armellino
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by brujaojos »

audralibertucci wrote:Oh, Gosh no! The quote I typed was from MY dad (he sent me an e-mail and I copied and pasted it) It was HIS dad Arthur that was born in 1906. My dad is in his late 50s. So, Luigi was my ggf, Arthur Joseph Libertucci Sr. was my gf and Arthur Joseph Libertucci Jr. is my dad.
So Arthur Libertucci (04/28/1906-01/1986) married Netti about 1929 in New York, possibly the Bronx. They had a daughter Emma who was born about 1930.

Is this correct?

Arthur's parents are Luigi and Emma, correct?

Just want to keep my facts straight when searching.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
audralibertucci
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jan 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by audralibertucci »

Hi, yes Netti must be my grandfather Arthur Libertucci's first wife. They have a daughter named Emma. Then afterwards my grandfather married my grandmother, Concetta Anna Campanella and they had my dad, Arthur Libertucci Jr. in 1947. Emma is my dad's step sister.
Audra Wallace Libertucci
JohnArmellino
Master
Master
Posts: 697
Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: West New York (NJ)
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by JohnArmellino »

Hi, this is Audra. Here is a message from my dad - The Luigi born in 1870 sounds about right. I am pretty sure he was married in Campobasso. My dad Arturo (Arthur) was born in 1906 but he was not the oldest. He had three sisters, Jean, Florence and Millie. Jean was the oldest. He had a brother Joseph who ended up in Wilkes Barre, PA and whose relatives are still in that area. My dad told me that his father and mother had two boys in Italy also named Arturo and Joseph who both died as children before they came to the US. Birth records there might show something about the parents. As far as I know, my Dad and his brothers and sisters were all born in NYC, starting around 1901 or so.
Audra - I checked the marriage records from Campobasso (CB) from 1887 through 1910 but found no record of the marriage of Luigi Libertucci. I also checked the birth records from 1896 through 1901 and found no births for any children of Luigi Libertucci, including any Arturo Libertucci or Giuseppe Libertucci. I suspect that Luigi Libertucci and Emanuela were married in the USA. The census information provided by Trish seems to indicate this also. Finally, I checked the birth records of Campobasso for the years 1866-1875 and found only one Luigi Libertucci, my aforementioned 3C3R. His parents were Antonio Libertucci (b. 17 JAN 1826) and Carmina Fede (b. 24 MAR 1830). [Note: Carmina Fede was erroneously identified as Carmela Fede on Luigi Libertucci’s birth record.] This marriage record does not contain any marginalia as to marriage information - as is often the case - which also implies that Luigi was married elsewhere. Perhaps this is your GGF. As per Trisha's posting, Luigi Libertucci was naturalized by 1930. His naturalization documents might contain some corroborative information. If you can confirm that Luigi Libertucci (b. 07 JUN 1870) is your GGF, I can provide you with several additional generations of ancestors from my database. Let me know how you make out.
John Armellino
User avatar
kacrussell
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Aug 2005, 00:00
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by kacrussell »

Hello my family is Latessa from Oratino. I'm just getting my feet wet in genealogy, but my Aunt has a birth record from my Great Grandfather Bonifacio Latessa born in Oratino. I haven't seen the document yet but I will this weekend when we have a family reunion in Eastlake, OH. Bonifacio (or Ben) immigrated to the U.S. in about 1912 and settled in Willoughby, OH (outskirts of Cleveland). I know I still have some family over there because one of my cousins, that is now deseased, visited them at one point I believe in the 70's or 80's. Can you all tell me how to go about looking for them? Or how to search record in Italy. I believe my grandmother can translate for me but it would have to be over the phone.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by wldspirit »

Telephone/address directory for Italy......enter surname in cognome,
the commune name in dove and click on cerca........
http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by wldspirit »

Birth, death and marriage documents have been microfilmed by the Lds, and can be rented thru a local Lds library.....
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
to find a library near you.....
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
wldspirit
JohnArmellino
Master
Master
Posts: 697
Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: West New York (NJ)
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by JohnArmellino »

My connection to the Latessa family of Oratino (CB) is somewhat attenuated. My GGF Michele Armellino (1854†1921) was a foundling, born in Campobasso (CB), and he was given into the care of wet-nurse Antonia Petti (b. 14 MAR 1812), wife of Antonio Latessa (b. 05 NOV 1807), both originally from Oratino. I do have a direct line of ancestors from Oratino -- the Petti family, which married into the Libertucci/Trotta/Colitto families of Campobasso (CB). I also have a direct line of Latessa from Campobasso. Bonifacio Latessa is not in my database, but if you can get the names and estimated ages of Bonifacio Latessa's parents, I will check them against my database. Also, do you know when Bonifacio Latessa was born? Was he married in Oratino and, if so, to whom?
John Armellino
User avatar
manue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: france

Re: Campobasso

Post by manue »

hello i'm a newbie here so excuse me for my future mistakes!!! :D
my father was born in campobasso he have 10 brothers!!! 3 living)
my grand father is ambrogio relae born 1894 in venafro dead in 1981 (france)
my grand mother was Carmella Oratina born in 1896 in pozzili dead in 1975 (france)
they married in venafro in 1904 something like that and have 11 boys in campobasso. the first is jean in 1917or19
the last one my father :benito born in 1939
if it can help!!!
bye!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by suanj »

Hi, perhaps the surname is REALE and no Relae...
For :
-Venafro are the microfilm in mormons center
Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1899 Venafro (Campobasso). Ufficio dello stato civile http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

-Pozzilli:
Registri dello stato civile, 1810-1899 Pozzilli (Campobasso). Ufficio dello stato civile

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
manue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: france

Re: Campobasso

Post by manue »

oupos!! yes it's REALE!!
User avatar
manue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: france

Re: Campobasso

Post by manue »

ok but it means what? that i have to go in italy to see it no?? pearprs some day... fot the moment i try to do it from here!! and in the pagina bianca there is a millions reale!!!! nevers see that.... i will try to have more information... pearprs with my uncle he have 90 years hold he knows the hsitory better than my father.... I 've got a lot of old pictures...but i don't nox who is on it....so ...
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Campobasso

Post by suanj »

manue: no, the mormons centers are in all world, and you can find the center that very near your residence, and to order the microfilm that interested you... and to see and to find..suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
manue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: france

Re: Campobasso

Post by manue »

ok!! i 'll shearch thanks!
Post Reply