Hi all,
I am searching for information on Virginio Pontoni (*1878 Variano, Udine) and his wife Smeriglia Benedetta Del Ponte (*1879 Variano, Udine). A family rumor say that they moved to Argentina possibly in the 20th. Any hints or ideas how to find the place where they moved to?
thanks
André
Emigration to Argentina
Re: Emigration to Argentina
Are you sure his names wasn't Virgilio Pontoni born in Pasian Schiavonesco, Udine (Basiliano now)
Leva
PONTONI VIRGILIO
Nato nel 1878 a PASIAN SCHIAVONESCO da TEODORO e PASCOLO MARIANNA
Atti
IT/ASUD/LEVA/1878/E.001/UDN/P-435
Tratti Somatici
Statura: 169.5
Torace: 90
Capelli: NERI LISCI
Occhi: NERI
Dentatura: SANA
Colorito: BRUNO
Segni particolari:
Varianti dei nomi
1878 - PONTONI VIRGILIO (Prima visita di leva)
Marty
Leva
PONTONI VIRGILIO
Nato nel 1878 a PASIAN SCHIAVONESCO da TEODORO e PASCOLO MARIANNA
Atti
IT/ASUD/LEVA/1878/E.001/UDN/P-435
Tratti Somatici
Statura: 169.5
Torace: 90
Capelli: NERI LISCI
Occhi: NERI
Dentatura: SANA
Colorito: BRUNO
Segni particolari:
Varianti dei nomi
1878 - PONTONI VIRGILIO (Prima visita di leva)
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Emigration to Argentina
Hi Marty,
thanks for reply. I know this from friulinprin. I just have the parish records from the family Pontoni and there his name is always Virginio (he also had a sister Virginia). I have the same with other part of my family, the civil records says only born in Pasian Schiavonesco but the parish record shows in which fraction of Pasian Schiavonesco.
So who wrote the name the right way? The Mayor or the Priest?
I think it would be better to search for both variant - Virgilio and Virginio
André
thanks for reply. I know this from friulinprin. I just have the parish records from the family Pontoni and there his name is always Virginio (he also had a sister Virginia). I have the same with other part of my family, the civil records says only born in Pasian Schiavonesco but the parish record shows in which fraction of Pasian Schiavonesco.
So who wrote the name the right way? The Mayor or the Priest?
I think it would be better to search for both variant - Virgilio and Virginio
André

