Should I give up hope?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
typeogirl
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 03 Apr 2012, 16:34

Re: Should I give up hope?

Post by typeogirl »

marty (adelfio), you mentioned the LDS films of Registri dello stato civile di Schio (Vicenza), 1806-1905. I rechecked the film details to make sure I didn't miss anything. If you look, there is a gap in time from 1815 or so til about 1871. So I would need church records from Schio to fill in the gap. The birth I am looking for is 1861. I am wondering if there's some issue with records because I think this part of Italy was actually part of Austria for awhile. I would hope the churches would have consistently maintained their records.
Post Reply