Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1912
Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1912
Does anyone know what records there are about someone who dies on the ship enroute to the US? Tiberio Pizek is listed as leaving Trieste on the ship and there is no further mention of him. A relative said he died on the ship. Any information would be appreciated. He is part of the Pizzech or Pizzeck family.a
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
bonniep4 wrote:Does anyone know what records there are about someone who dies on the ship enroute to the US? Tiberio Pizek is listed as leaving Trieste on the ship and there is no further mention of him. A relative said he died on the ship. Any information would be appreciated. He is part of the Pizzech or Pizzeck family.a
If you go to the record of detained aliens which appears at the end of this passenger list-page #445 if on the ellisislandrecords.org website, you will see that Maria and 4 children were detained, as she needed to phone for money. There is nothing about one of the children dying on board the ship.
Erudita
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
Thank you so much for your help. I do know he died young. Another family member just said in 1913. I will keep looking for that. Take care and again Thank you!
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
The only list of deaths I am aware of is of those who died in quarantine from 1909 to 1911, which won't help you. The deaths weren't aboard the ships though.bonniep4 wrote:Thank you so much for your help. I do know he died young. Another family member just said in 1913. I will keep looking for that. Take care and again Thank you!
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... ar_opq.htm
Erudita
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
Thank you for your answer. Someone else told me that on the last pages he was included and did not die on board.
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
bonniep4 wrote:Thank you for your answer. Someone else told me that on the last pages he was included and did not die on board.
The detainee list which I told you about does not specifically name the children. Only Maria's name appears there and it says plus 4 children. There is no where else on the passenger list where these people appear. You should go to the page I told you about on www.ellisislandrecords.org
Search his name as spelled on the passenger card below
First Name: Tiherin
Last Name: Pizek
Ethnicity: Austria, Austrian
Last Place of Residence: Pvla, Austria
Date of Arrival: Dec 03, 1912
Age at Arrival: 4y Gender: M Marital Status: U
Ship of Travel: Kaiser Franz Josef I
Port of Departure: Trieste
Manifest Line Number: 0015
Page 317 of the original manifest is where you will see Maria and the 4 children listed by name. If you keep hitting next, until you see where it says page #445, you will see Maria on the detainee list plus 4 children, but the children's names do not appear there. This family does not appear listed on any other page of this manifest.
Erudita
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
Thank you again so much for the time and effort you have put into helping me. Bless you!
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
bonniep4 wrote:Thank you again so much for the time and effort you have put into helping me. Bless you!
You're very welcome.
Erudita
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
When someone died on board a ship they still appeared on the manifest (which of course was complied before the ship left port) and moreover it will be stated on there that the person has died at sea. I've seen that a few times.
Re: Death onboard Ship Kaiser Franz Josef I arriving Dec 3 1
Thank you so much for responding.

