I'm gathering documents to establish my right to citizenship through the NYC consulate. I'll be going the following route:
GGF > GF > F > Me
GGF was born in Civitella del Tronto in (I think) 1872 and immigrated to the US with his wife around 1905.
I have no idea if he was every naturalized, but if he was it seems unlikely that he would have before GF was born in 1910 or 1911 (there's a dispute about GF's year of birth, but we think it's 1910).
GF, F, and myself were all born in the USA.
Questions:
1) The NYC consulate website suggests it could take up to a year to get an appointment. What has been the actual experience here? (And do they speak English?)
2) Since I am going entirely through the paternal bloodline, must I still provide birth/death certificates for GGM, GM, and M?
3) Do I need proof of non-naturalization from everybody, or just the ascendants that were not born in the USA (ie. GGF and/or GGM)?
4) I have a pdf copy of GGF's birth certificate. Is this sufficient, or do I need to send away for an "official" copy?
Thanks!


