I am driving in Italy and came to the Autrostrada tollbooth. All booths said telepass so I went another way. I was afraid I would enter without a telepass and the arm would not go up. So I went another longer route. If I entered the telepass lane would I have the option of taking a ticket? Remember I was entering not exiting. I know exiting I would have other options. It looked to me that the only option was telepass should I have entered? I need to go on the Autostrada tomorrow and need an answer.
Tom
Entering Autostrada
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Entering Autostrada
You need a special apparatus on your car to enter in the telepass lane, in this lane you cannot take )nor pay) the ticket. You may try the lane that allow credit card...
Re: Entering Autostrada
Yes but you pay when you exit. I was entering autostrada, all lanes said telepass. I should just need to get a ticket at that point. Can you press the button to get a ticket in the telepass lane. Telepass was the only option no carte or bigeletto.
Tom
Tom
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Entering Autostrada
If the lane has only the telepass option you cannot get the ticket.
Re: Entering Autostrada
If I understand, you're saying the only option was Telepass. I have Telepass, and, as far as I know, you can't get a ticket in the Telepass lane. There are some "completely automated" stations, but, anyway, you can get a ticket when entering. Also, notice that some lanes are for Telepass and other forms of payment (you see the symbol above divided in two, whilst in "only Telepass" lanes, you have only one big yellow symbol. Where was the Autostrada entrance you mention?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Entering Autostrada
Thank you for the help. That was the only toll I found that at. We avoided it, every other
toll had 3 options.
toll had 3 options.
