Some of you may remember me from my research a couple of months ago. Well, I have some good news...I just received a birth record from my ancestor in Italy (from Casteltermini, AG, Sicily). I was entirely pleased to find this in the mail today, but when I opened it I was a bit confused because I found the document to be printed in French! 8O Is there a specific reason for this? Maybe French is widely spoken in Agrigento?
I have an interesting situation though. To apply for dual citizenship, all documents (except those from Italy) need to be translated into Italian. Well, this one is from Italy, but it's in French. Would my consulate need to have it translated when they send the application to Italy to process?
Also, the birth record states the mother and father of my direct ancestor (Maria Pellitteri), so I know a bit more about my heritage. The father was Antonino Pellitteri and the mother was Felicia Lo Re. However, is the surname Lo Re an Italian or French surname? I wasn't sure...
I'd appreciate any help. An enormous thank you to those who have helped me to get where am!
Mark

