So, I'm in the process of claiming my Italian citizenship, (jure sanguinis), and I've run into a few obstacles. The first being, I need to order a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate. I know there are a few sites out there that will charge you for their services, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Does anyone know what the most reputable one tends to be?
I also know that it would be possible to write to the comune of his birthplace and request it myself, but I wouldn't know where to start.
I've also read that there are a few knowledgeable people on this site who might be able to help me find out how I can go about acquiring the birth certificate. If any of these extra-informative people happen to read this, please shoot me a PM!
The next issue I've run into, is the Apostille certificates required need to be translated into Italian! Does this mean I can translate them myself, onto a simple word document, and print it out and mail it along with the other documents? Or is there a specific place I have to have them translated officially by- like a bureau of vital statistics, or the like?
Lastly, I need his certificate of Italian Citizenship (certificato di cittadinanza italiana), but again, I wouldn't know where to look.
If anyone has any information of how I should go about handling these tasks, please shoot me a message! I've always wanted to be able to live in Italy, and once I found out that I qualified for the citizenship, I jumped right on it!
Thanks for any help, everyone!
-Alexander


