looking for info on M Domenica Pecoraro/pecorra born 1877, parents are antonio pecoraro/pecorra and anna??? as stated on funeral records.
she was married in italy to domenic rotunno b. 1875, parents were pietro rotunno and miguel???? perrotta, again taken from funeral records. I have the USA records but would appreciate any help on the italy side. Teramo? is a city that came up. Does that sound correct?
roccaromana - pecoraro or pecorra?
Re: roccaromana - pecoraro or pecorra?
from your previous post:
Rotunno Domenico, age 26, married, last residence Roccaromana, final destination New Castle PA, to join his brother Lorenzo
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0002
so, maybe Roccaromana (Caserta Province - Campania region) could be the right town of origin?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roccaromana
Laura
perhaps this arrival manifest is for Domenico Rotunno?vj wrote:Hello,
If you're also looking for Domenico Rotunno's wife & daughter's manifest, this may be it.
Daughter 'Tonerre' on the 1920 census may be Tonetta (short for Antonetta)
Valarie
possible 1905 manifest
1 Aug 1905, SS Konigin Luise, Naples to NY
lines 11-13
M (Maria) Domenica Pecoraro 27 (abt 1878)
- last residence Roccaromana(?) (Caserta, Campania)
- destination Sharon P
- joining husband Rotunno at #3 Canal Street
son Pietro Rotunno 2 (abt 1903)
daughter Antonetta Rotunno 4 (abt 1901)
Rotunno Domenico, age 26, married, last residence Roccaromana, final destination New Castle PA, to join his brother Lorenzo
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0002
so, maybe Roccaromana (Caserta Province - Campania region) could be the right town of origin?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roccaromana
Laura
Re: roccaromana - pecoraro or pecorra?
Possible
1898 arrival for Domenico Pasquale Rotunno, age 21 (birth year 1877), married, last residence Roccaromana, going to New Castle, joining his brothers Lorenzo
, Achille, Salvatore and Luigi. He stated he was in the U.S before, from 1893 to 1895:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0013
Laura
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0013
Laura
Re: roccaromana - pecoraro or pecorra?
What is the american version of Lorenzo? I haven't seen that name in my searching. Achille, Luigi and salvatore yes, but never Lorenzo...
Re: roccaromana - pecoraro or pecorra?
This site should help:bella814 wrote:What is the american version of Lorenzo? ...
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Poin ... ame.html#L
Re: roccaromana - pecoraro or pecorra?
thanks all. I now have to start looking for info on Lawrence Rotunno. Maybe I cab find more italian parental info on that side.
I cannot find on ancestry the 1898 arrival on the EMS. I tried steve morse. I tried dom., pasquale, rotunno on EMS and cannot pull the info.
would it be safe to say that Lawrence would be older than the rest of the brothers?
I cannot find on ancestry the 1898 arrival on the EMS. I tried steve morse. I tried dom., pasquale, rotunno on EMS and cannot pull the info.
would it be safe to say that Lawrence would be older than the rest of the brothers?
- tomrotunno
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 30 Dec 2009, 19:19
- Contact:
Re: roccaromana - pecoraro or pecorra?
I am looking for information on my grandfather, Domenico Rotunno from Roccaromana, Italy. I saw a manifest that stated he was from Castelbaronia, Italy and I would appreciate any information regarding his place of birth or childhood area in Italy.
-
arianna1306
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 10 Dec 2024, 21:17
Re: roccaromana - pecoraro or pecorra?
Hi, I’m so late to this post but I’m Italian and my family is Rotunno.
We know Domenic Rotunno was our grandfather’s brother and we have been doing the same research, please if you see this contact me!
We know Domenic Rotunno was our grandfather’s brother and we have been doing the same research, please if you see this contact me!
