Older family members
Re: Older family members
Does anyone have any info on anyone with the surname Carbone from Cellara in Cosenza?
Re: Older family members
I am sorry. All of my family information is from Riardo, Caserta. I have 5 generations that were born there, but The person who did my research told me my 6th great grandfather, moved to Riard from somewhere. What information do you have from the Carbones in Cellara in Cosenza?
Re: Older family members
There were 2 brothers, Vincenzo and Michele Carbone, born around 1865 and 1861, respectively, in Cellara. Their parents were Francesco Carbone and Carolina Corso. The family moved to Ribera in Agrigento province, where Michele and Vincenzo married Sicilian women (Calogera Cardinale of Calamonaci and Giovanna Bollara of Ribera, resp.) and had children. Michele had children Francesco and Carolina, who immigrated to California. Vincenzo had children Francesco, Giacomo (born back in San Lucido in Cosenza), Michele, and Carolina. Giacomo immigrated to Sao Paulo, Brazil; Michele may have immigrated to Pennsylvania.
Re: Older family members
Those people are not on my family tree. Before I say that means we are not family, lets look at your family tree. Who are the parents of your Francesco Carbone? I have on my tree: Francesco Martino Carbone (also know as Martino Carbone) born 10 Nov 1810 in Riardo Caserta Campania, Italy, married Carolina Elisabetta Maria Di Nuzzo born 19 Sep 1810 also in Riardo Caserta Campania, Italy. His parents were: Giacomo Carbone born about 1786 in Riardo Caserta Campania, Italy, & Angela Maria Russo born about 1790. The parents of Giacomo Carbone were: Francesco Carbone born 4 May 1760 in Riardo, Caserta Italy & Potenza Parisi born 16 Jan 1754 in Zuni hamlet of Calvi Risorta, Lastly I have Francesco Carbone (born 4 May 1760)'s parents also: Domenico Carbone born about 1725 & Concetta Leardi.
Re: Older family members
I have no idea who the parents of Francesco Carbone are. I concentrate my research in Sicily, so I haven't looked through the records for Cellara. These people are not really my "family" anyway; they're off in one branch of a gigantic (27,000 people) tree of mainly riberese relatives. Vincenzo Carbone's wife was a 1st cousin (once removed) of my great-great-great aunt's husband.
Re: Older family members
My blood boils when I read comments like yours (both of you)
You do not decide who your relatives are and who are not.
When two persons from different places fall in love and married there is only one option: one of the two must migrate. If the wife lives in Germany, the husband moves to Germany. If the Husband lives in Korea and there is no other option, the Wive moves to Korea.
A DNA test will prove that you are both related, so Work together. Search for the truth.
You do not decide who your relatives are and who are not.
When two persons from different places fall in love and married there is only one option: one of the two must migrate. If the wife lives in Germany, the husband moves to Germany. If the Husband lives in Korea and there is no other option, the Wive moves to Korea.
A DNA test will prove that you are both related, so Work together. Search for the truth.
Re: Older family members
Filmways, I don't understand why you're so upset. As I said, these Carbone people that are in my tree are not my ancestors and are not my blood relatives, at least going back a couple of hundred years. My ancestors are Sicilian and these people were from Calabria. Sure, we could have a common ancestor 500 years ago or 10,000 years ago, but that's true for anyone.
Re: Older family members
My blood can boil with out me getting upset.
You use words like: They are not my blood relatives. But they are.
The Carbone family was originally based with in a 100km radius from Naples.
They are very closely related to all major families of Souther Italy. They were Marquis Counts, Governors, Cardinals, Knights, you name it.
I though Sicily is South Italy, unless there is another Sicily elsewhere. You are in USA and as far as I can see, Sicily is much closer to Naples than it is to USA. Your biggest mistake is to think that your ancestors are Sicilian, they are not. ONE Carbonne from the Naples area, maybe a Count, married a lady from Sicily (maybe a Marquessa) and followed her in Sicily.
If you do not understand that, than there is no point searching.
You use words like: They are not my blood relatives. But they are.
The Carbone family was originally based with in a 100km radius from Naples.
They are very closely related to all major families of Souther Italy. They were Marquis Counts, Governors, Cardinals, Knights, you name it.
I though Sicily is South Italy, unless there is another Sicily elsewhere. You are in USA and as far as I can see, Sicily is much closer to Naples than it is to USA. Your biggest mistake is to think that your ancestors are Sicilian, they are not. ONE Carbonne from the Naples area, maybe a Count, married a lady from Sicily (maybe a Marquessa) and followed her in Sicily.
If you do not understand that, than there is no point searching.
Re: Older family members
OK, I don't see why you're so angry. Does that more accurately describe your emotion?
As you can see from my location I'm not in the USA, but I'm reasonably confident that Napoli is closer to Sicilia than Japan is.
My ancestors were not governors, cardinals, knights, etc. No, they were mainly stone masons, marble setters, and cobblers, going back to the 18th century, and probably much further, unless they had a really bad turn of fortune. I wouldn't expect them to be any closer related to the Carbone family from Napoli than they would be related to any other random family from Campania.
Do I have some distant ancestor a few hundred years ago from peninsular Italy? Probably. Just like I probably have ancestors from North Africa and Greece if you go back far enough. But this knowledge is not particularly useful for my genealogy. I'm as likely to share a common ancestor with anyone on this board as I am with you or SCarbonII.
As you can see from my location I'm not in the USA, but I'm reasonably confident that Napoli is closer to Sicilia than Japan is.
My ancestors were not governors, cardinals, knights, etc. No, they were mainly stone masons, marble setters, and cobblers, going back to the 18th century, and probably much further, unless they had a really bad turn of fortune. I wouldn't expect them to be any closer related to the Carbone family from Napoli than they would be related to any other random family from Campania.
Do I have some distant ancestor a few hundred years ago from peninsular Italy? Probably. Just like I probably have ancestors from North Africa and Greece if you go back far enough. But this knowledge is not particularly useful for my genealogy. I'm as likely to share a common ancestor with anyone on this board as I am with you or SCarbonII.
Re: Older family members
What's your eMail address??
Re: Older family members
You can PM me if you'd like. I'm mystified as to why you want to email me, but if there is a good reason, I'll give you my email via PM.
Re: Older family members
I was going to eMail you your family tree, the first 500 years; However, if you are interested that's OK with. No problem.
Re: Older family members
Do have the family tree of everyone in Italy? That would be quite a feat! There would also be no reason for me to continue my work constructing a family tree for the entire comune of Ribera.
And when you say "the first 500 years," which 500 year period exactly are we talking about?
But seriously, are you saying that you have a tree that includes the aforementioned Francesco Carbone from Cellara? He's not my ancestor, but still, it would be interesting to see.
And when you say "the first 500 years," which 500 year period exactly are we talking about?
But seriously, are you saying that you have a tree that includes the aforementioned Francesco Carbone from Cellara? He's not my ancestor, but still, it would be interesting to see.
Re: Older family members
I am sorry Filmways, if I made you mad, with telling carubia I did not have those people in my family tree. I was telling them, a fact. At this time, the people they listed, are not on my Carbone family tree. I also said that may be because I have not worked on the part of my tree where the connection between my tree, and carubia's tree connect. That is why I sated "Before I say we are not related let me tell you who is in my family tree" and listed those people for carubia to look for, and connect with, if there is a connection of any type.

