Yes, thank you. I was able to see the manifest myself. Maria mailed it to me from Ancestry.com. The problem is that we don't know where "Pud" is in Italy.
Alfonso is my mystery ancestor. I have all kinds of records on the guy. I have his hospital records, his marriage application, and his his naturalization papers. All of these records list "Italy" as his birthplace. No city of origin was ever recorded. Pud is all I have.
Thanks for the help.
Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
- DonnaPellegrin
- Veteran

- Posts: 201
- Joined: 16 May 2004, 00:00
- Contact:
Re: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
Donna Pellegrin
Re: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
What is his birthdate?
I too would like to to know what "Pud" should have been... there is one more thing I can look into... and the birthdate would really help... (1869 or so)
All I remember... is that he could have come from the Abruzzi area.
maria
I too would like to to know what "Pud" should have been... there is one more thing I can look into... and the birthdate would really help... (1869 or so)
All I remember... is that he could have come from the Abruzzi area.
maria
- DonnaPellegrin
- Veteran

- Posts: 201
- Joined: 16 May 2004, 00:00
- Contact:
Re: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
Thanks, Maria.
I have a variety of birthdates for Alfonso. I believe the most reliable are the earliest records.
His petition for naturalization has his birthdate as March 22, 1870. There was no declaration of intent because he was a minor.
His marriage application has his birthdate as 1871.
His 1900 Philadelphia census record has his birthdate as December 1871.
The truth is probably somewhere close to one of those dates.
(Incidently, Alfonso went by the name Frank fairly often. Francesco must have been his middle name. )
His wife, Angelina/Angela Caromano is said to have come from Abruzzi. Her father was Antonio Caromano. I have his naturalization papers also. No city of origin is given. His manifest is on the Castle Gardens site also.
I have a variety of birthdates for Alfonso. I believe the most reliable are the earliest records.
His petition for naturalization has his birthdate as March 22, 1870. There was no declaration of intent because he was a minor.
His marriage application has his birthdate as 1871.
His 1900 Philadelphia census record has his birthdate as December 1871.
The truth is probably somewhere close to one of those dates.
(Incidently, Alfonso went by the name Frank fairly often. Francesco must have been his middle name. )
His wife, Angelina/Angela Caromano is said to have come from Abruzzi. Her father was Antonio Caromano. I have his naturalization papers also. No city of origin is given. His manifest is on the Castle Gardens site also.
Donna Pellegrin
Re: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
I find it interesting that the only time "Pud" appears on my CD is on manifest # 80908. There were 20 people from "Pud" who arrived on Oct 11, 1886.mfjp wrote:What is his birthdate?
I too would like to to know what "Pud" should have been... there is one more thing I can look into... and the birthdate would really help... (1869 or so)
All I remember... is that he could have come from the Abruzzi area.
maria
Albert De Tota (di Tota)
Re: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
What if it's Padula? I did some searching around... the first time I saw the ships record, I thought it could be L'Aquila... need to look at the record again...
Here's an Eduardo Alfieri from Paduli?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 4025120082
mfjp
Here's an Eduardo Alfieri from Paduli?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 4025120082
mfjp
- DonnaPellegrin
- Veteran

- Posts: 201
- Joined: 16 May 2004, 00:00
- Contact:
Re: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
Yes, I think Padula could be a possibility. Thanks. I'm writing that in my notes as a lead to follow.
Donna Pellegrin

