August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
mberrrdo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 30 Apr 2003, 00:00
Location: Metro Detroit
Contact:

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by mberrrdo »

Thank you all for the information so far. I hope that there is more out there and I anticipate with a great sense of discovery, any new information. I would love to have contact with any surviving members of the Frank and Josephine Gentile family and extended family. Thank you again for all the information.
User avatar
ShaRenKa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 May 2008, 23:23

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by ShaRenKa »

If you would like, i can scan pictures i have of Michael and Nick, Ann Jane (we called her), and a few others I'm not sure exactly who they are? But know they are relations. Not sure if this will help you, let me know. Sincerely Linda
User avatar
mberrrdo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 30 Apr 2003, 00:00
Location: Metro Detroit
Contact:

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by mberrrdo »

Linda- That would be great to see. I would love to see my past relatives, even in black and white. In Sept, 2007, I suffered multiple cardiac arrests and complete organ failure as a result of exposure to hospital acquired MRSA. During my recovery after dieing 4 times in the hospital I believe I was visited by many of my long past relatives. They were around me daily in the cardiac intensive care facility where I defied the odds and lived to tell my story and continue to discover my true path or purpose. Thanks again for your assistance.-- Marco
User avatar
ShaRenKa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 May 2008, 23:23

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by ShaRenKa »

Oh Marco he's a lil Angel indeed! I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems, I too could write a book..lol Getting older sure has it's ups and down eh?! I wrote to you in email...chat soon my new found friend!
User avatar
mberrrdo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 30 Apr 2003, 00:00
Location: Metro Detroit
Contact:

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by mberrrdo »

ShaRenKa, I hope all is well. I haven't heard from you in a while. All my best. Marco
User avatar
mberrrdo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 30 Apr 2003, 00:00
Location: Metro Detroit
Contact:

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by mberrrdo »

Is there a coat of arms or any other directionary documentation that has surfaced since the last communication...Still in search of?!? Thanks to all.
User avatar
NicoleRGentile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 23:20

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by NicoleRGentile »

Hi...I know the postings are a few years old but here goes. I am the daughter of Robert P. Gentile whose is the only son of August Gentile and Ada Kernahan. My dad also had 4 other children. Robert P. Gentile Jr. and Jessica Kelly Gentile were with his first wife Melanie somewhere in New York and then with his second wife Alana Showalter in California he had Me, Richard P. Gentile and Stephanie A. Gentile. My father did mention he had brothers and sisters from his fathers other relationships with another women. My father passed away from cancer due to smoking. I think my grandfather August died from a brain aneurysm, although I am not to clear on that.
Iris SuzieqMlahners
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 22:27

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by Iris SuzieqMlahners »

Hi, I am looking for information about my mother. She was born Feb. 2 1911 in Brooklyn N Y she was taken to the New York Foundling home when she was 8 months old. Her mother said the babies name was Josephine Gentile.
She was adopted at age 2 and put on the baby train headed for Louisiana. This is not much info but it is all I know.
melanie427
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 Mar 2015, 22:38

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by melanie427 »

my name is Lillian , my sister was married to Robert Gentile......we never knew that there was a half brother......actually you are almost the same age as their first born son Robert..i would appreciate more information before I am comfortable telling you anything else, like your name,your mothers name and so on...where are you living??? Hopefully we can ater we receive more info..Looking forward to hearing from you soon................best wishes..........lillian
User avatar
mberrrdo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 30 Apr 2003, 00:00
Location: Metro Detroit
Contact:

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by mberrrdo »

Lillian, I would very much like to open a productive dialogue with you. I have been looking for many years in the hope of discovering anything about my father. It has been a long and ongoing search that has yielded more dead ends and not so many open doors! I look forward to more communication with you! --Marco
melanie427
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 Mar 2015, 22:38

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by melanie427 »

Marco I am so glad that i heard from you I wasn't sure if I would...Your "cousin" Enid will be thrilled that you responded.. She has many pictures and actually lived with Ada and Augie and Bobby for several years when they were younger so she could give you much more info then I can about those years......Marco who was your mother....? we would love to know....she must have been a lovely lady it sounds like she raised a very caring man......there is so much to tell you about your half brother and his and all of our lives when we all lived in California...............Please keep in touch and I will have Enid get in touch with you .......
User avatar
mberrrdo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 30 Apr 2003, 00:00
Location: Metro Detroit
Contact:

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by mberrrdo »

Lillian, I look forward with great anticipation to see what our connection will provide. Many unanswered questions do exist. My mother was (she died Dec 2012) Elizabeth (Betty) Gaston-Berard. She lived in Newburgh and was familiar with Augies wife a the time. She knew Bobby as well. I remember watching 'Star Trek' often and she always looked for his credits in every show. She divorced Lewis Berard and moved to Ohio shortly after Augies death. I do wish that I could have gotten to know him, Bobby as well. Thanks again for reaching out! -- Marco
melanie427
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 Mar 2015, 22:38

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by melanie427 »

Marco here is Enids email address, she would like to hear from you.....this is her email address....eniddunning@gmail.com....hoping you two connect............
User avatar
mberrrdo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 30 Apr 2003, 00:00
Location: Metro Detroit
Contact:

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by mberrrdo »

Thank you Lillian. I will email her later this evening. I can be reached via email: marco@networkserve.com I hope you have a great day and a blessed Easter. -- Marco
User avatar
NicoleRGentile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 23:20

Re: August Gentile B 1902 D 1966

Post by NicoleRGentile »

Hi Everyone,
I am glad to see that there has been more added to this forum. I would too like to know more about our Gentile history. Who was Enid to Robert P Gentile Sr? I am not on social media anymore (Facebook or myspace) but would love to stay connected on sites like this.
Is there any way to share the photos online?
Marco, I would love to hear more about your experience when you were in the hospital and visited by relatives.
Sincerely,
Nicole Gentile
Post Reply